Honored Contributor

Any reason not to use this as a hair oil? Very little, I'm sure, but it does everything else so well I was wondering.

I wish they made JO wipes. They'd be so handy for eye liner/mascara removal, rather than dripping it onto a Q-tip and running it across the eyelid.

Respected Contributor

I have used it in a pinch as a hair oil, works great. Only a drop rubbed in palms first and then add more if you need to. Also works great on legs, elbows, cuticles. I get mine really cheap at Vitacost. A great oil!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Yes you can use jojoba 'oil' on hair. Jojoba isn't really an oil. It's actually a liquid wax which mimics our own sebum. 

I like to use the butter instead of the oil. It's not messy. It's soft and creamy. I love it.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee Where do you get the butter?? Thnx

Respected Contributor

My hair is very dry naturally and I shampoo every day so I've used jojoba oil on it for years. I've even put olive oil on it at times. I've never had any issues with it.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Judaline 

I buy my jojoba butter from OilsCenter dot com. Everything has free shipping, no minimum. This is the one I get, the smallest 2-oz jar, $5.99.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee --what do you use it for? 

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@SilleeMee --what do you use it for? 

@wagirl 

I use that butter mostly during the wintertime as a barrier 'cream'. It's loaded with vitamins and lots of phytoceramides. I also use it as a ointment for cuts and also when I've over-exfoliated and need to restore my skin. You can also mix it in with your regular moisturizer to boost that, too. Jojoba butter it not hard but soft and easy to spread...like butta!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee Thanks!

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@Judaline 

I buy my jojoba butter from OilsCenter dot com. Everything has free shipping, no minimum. This is the one I get, the smallest 2-oz jar, $5.99.

Would this be good for Eczema or any type of peeling, dry, cracked skin?

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi