Super Contributor

Thank you so much for your suggestionsSmiley Happy

Does it matter if I buy organic or not?

Respected Contributor

I use Heather Lorraine (the light colored one) found at the natural store. It's 100% pure.

Contributor

myshell,

I mixed mine right in. I have a pretty pump container along side my bathroom sink. After I oil cleanse at night, I just put a small pump in my hand and lightly massage it in. In the morning, I have never been a true face "washer". An esthetician once told me it was generally unnecessary. I get that. How dirty can my face get while sleeping. So in the a.m. I just rinse my face off with tepid water and then add a tiny bit of oil as a moisturizer.

I believe the brand I purchase at TJs is organic. Don't have a bottle right now to check. Sorry.

If you haven't already, check out some online blogs concerning oil cleansing. Lots of info out there.

Good cleansing. I think you will be amazed.

Super Contributor
On 2/3/2014 Mizona said:

myshell,

I mixed mine right in. I have a pretty pump container along side my bathroom sink. After I oil cleanse at night, I just put a small pump in my hand and lightly massage it in. In the morning, I have never been a true face "washer". An esthetician once told me it was generally unnecessary. I get that. How dirty can my face get while sleeping. So in the a.m. I just rinse my face off with tepid water and then add a tiny bit of oil as a moisturizer.

I believe the brand I purchase at TJs is organic. Don't have a bottle right now to check. Sorry.

ThanksSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor
On 2/3/2014 Mizona said:

I've been using Trader Joe's for years. Wow, actually thinking back, it's almost a decade. While my skin is showing its 59 years, looking at others, I'd say not bad. I use the jojoba oil with approximately 10% castor oil added. Best/gentlest makeup remover, pore cleaner and moisturizer EVER!

I've also use the Trader Joe's jojoba oil for years. It's actually the Desert Essense brand but they do a private relabel. They used to sell Desert Essense and then eventually selling their private brand. You can tell it's still Desert Essense because they use the exact same bottle.

The price is great. It's just $7 for 4 oz. of jojoba oil.

-- bebe

Super Contributor
On 2/3/2014 bebe777 said:
On 2/3/2014 Mizona said:

I've been using Trader Joe's for years. Wow, actually thinking back, it's almost a decade. While my skin is showing its 59 years, looking at others, I'd say not bad. I use the jojoba oil with approximately 10% castor oil added. Best/gentlest makeup remover, pore cleaner and moisturizer EVER!

I've also use the Trader Joe's jojoba oil for years. It's actually the Desert Essense brand but they do a private relabel. They used to sell Desert Essense and then eventually selling their private brand. You can tell it's still Desert Essense because they use the exact same bottle.

The price is great. It's just $7 for 4 oz. of jojoba oil.

-- bebe

Thanks for the tip. I have seen the Desert Essence brand.

Honored Contributor
On 2/3/2014 myshell624 said:
On 2/3/2014 Mizona said:

myshell,

ThanksSmiley Happy

As I mentioned above, the Trader Joe's jojoba oil is the Desert Essense jojoba oil rebottled. When they used to carry Desert Essense, they did not carry the D.E. organic version so I don't think the current T.J. version is organic. Also, it doesn't say organic on the bottle.

That said, Desert Essense does sell an organic version of their jojoba oil for a few dollars more.

I don't usually buy the organic version of jojoba oil because I didn't think they used a lot of pesticide spray on their crop. But I don't know this for sure. Does anyone have any information about this?

In contrast, I only use organic olive oil because the regular olive oil crop is very heavily sprayed.

-- bebe

Respected Contributor
Got turned on to jojoba oil from a poster and could not believe how great it worked on cleaning pores post clarisonic cleaning. Skin did not breakout at all. Seems pores are smaller too. Trader Joe's as recommended by bebe above for $7/bottle.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

You ladies that use jojoba for oil cleansing, do you also use it for makeup removal, including eye makeup? Or do you use it after you take your makeup off?

Contributor
Mmom, it is an all in one cleanser. I've never had to prewash off anything. It truly is a best kept secret.