Frequent Contributor

Johnsons Baby Shampoo.......NEWS!!!!!

Just heard on local news that Johnson's Baby shampoo has cancer causing agents. I believe these are formaldehyde based.

Please don't use these products. I have an old bottle that I use for cleaning my brushes, and thats going in the trash.

In fairness, I'm not sure if it's all Johnson's baby cleaning products, I know they were focusing on the shampoo.

Regular Contributor

Re: Johnsons Baby Shampoo.......NEWS!!!!!

I canniot speak to  that but can say the baby they use for the commercial was just on and the baby is now 9 months old.  Her name is Monterey and like others have said, they  will not skip through that commercial she is so breautiful!!Heart

"You never know when the last time is the last time"

"You never know when the last time is the
last time."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO, it's kind of irresponsible to just blurt something out that you may have heard on the news and what "might" be wrong with a product, but to not name the so-called cancer causing agents or provide any documentation or links, and have a kneejerk reaction to recommend quickly pitching something.  

I did an Internet search and so far all I can find is info that there were "trace amounts" of two chemicals - quarternium-15 (which releases formaldehyde) and 1,4 dioxane in the baby shampoo.  The articles I located were from several years ago (2011).  

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/group-johnsons-baby-shampoo-a-cancer-risk/ 

More currently, there was an article from last year that said J & J has removed both of those chemicals from their baby shampoo and has promise to remove any other risky chemicals from all of their products by the end of this year.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/18/business/johnson-johnson-takes-first-step-in-removal-of-questionab...

http://www.mamalette.com/news-views/johnson-johnson-removes-cancer-causing-chemicals-tears-baby-sham...

So, what exactly did you hear?  What channel was it on?  It's possible whomever created the story is using old information, which would be irresponsblie our their part.  

We always need to do our own research to either confirm or debunk.

Honored Contributor

ITA with your post, Jean, but was wondering if we'll finally get to see a photo of your beloved Golden boy - as your avatar.  :cattongue:

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

ITA with your post, Jean, but was wondering if we'll finally get to see a photo of your beloved Golden boy - as your avatar.  :cattongue:

If I can figure out how to put him there, I will!  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

Hooray!  :womanvery-happy:

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@feline groovy wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

I did it!  Can you see him, FG? 

Honored Contributor

This thread is from 2011.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

This thread is from 2011.

Ah, so it is.  I wonder why it came up as a new thread yesterday?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

I did it!  Can you see him, FG? 

JeanLouiseFinch

Yes!!!  

But I then enlarged it to see more detail, LOL.

He.  Is.  Gawjis.  And handsome, of course, in case he's reading this.  He seems to be smiling at you in this shot. 8)

What name did you bestow upon this sweet boy?