Frequent Contributor

John Frieda Hot Air Brush versus Perfecter

I have fine, thin, dry, frizzy hair that I never ever blow dry (would just make it frizzier). I always let it air dry and then use the Instyler to smooth the hair out and curl. Lately, I've noticed that my hair seems to be looking a lot worse. Even though I always use a heat protectant spray, I believe my hair is still getting cooked.

So, I thought I'd like to try either the John Frieda Hot Air Brush or the Calista Tools Perfecter. The Perfecter seems like it would be easier for a klutz like me to use, but it's so expensive. Also has only a 60-day warranty and has quite a few negative reviews. Even so, if it actually helps with frizz and curls your hair, I might be willing to try it.

Then there's the John Frieda Hot Air Brush. It looks like it is fairly easy to use, but I can't help but wonder (since I guess your hair needs to be slightly damp to use it) if my hair would become even frizzier with hot air blowing on it.

Would love to hear anyone's opinions about how either of these products work, how easy or hard they are to use, and how effective they are. Thanks ahead of time for your help!