Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers - hair powder - any users?

@Skyegirl21wrote:

Been using it for many years. It makes a difference. It has lasted forever! Recommend.

@Skyegirl21

Thanks --- love hearing what others think!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Ketrawrote:

Yes, I use the blonde, and it works great. The product does last a long time.

@Ketra

Thanks so much!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@LoyalQVCustomerwrote:

I have white hair and a very pink scalp, just like the before & after picture on the color chart. Never noticed the color difference when I was younger and had dark hair, but now it really shows. I've used Joan's product at the crown where I have a cowlick and side part areas for years. Easy to use; covers up well; doesn't make my hair greasy; highly recommend. Give it a try.

@LoyalQVCustomer

Glad you love it!  I was worried it would make my scalp itchy and flaky!  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

I think it's the best! I used it for a very long time when my hair was thinning on my crown and hairline. Made it look like I had more hair. Gave me back my confidence and options to wear my hair in different styles. I have very dark brown, almost black hair and the high contrast between my white scalp and dark hair made my hair loss very noticeable without the fill-in powder. I tried other powders but none were as good as Joan's, imo.

I never had any problem with Joan's powder. Just remember you don't have to match it completely with your own hair color. It's more about the shadowing effect. So if your hair is medium blond then get the blond powder. If your hair is white or platinum blond ten get the gray powder. 

Since using my hair laser my hair has grown back and I no longer own the Great Hair Powder Company.Woman LOL I bought enough of them to build a house with the empties...well not really but I did buy a lot!Woman Very Happy

@SilleeMee

Thanks!  Glad you no longer need it!  My hair is light blond so you think the gray powder would be better????

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirlwrote:

I have medium brown hair and have Great Hair Day in blonde and it's a good color match if I could just get it to work. Have used several brushes as well as the one it comes with but always end up with a dark blob on the first attempt putting brush to scalp or none at all transfers to my scalp. If I work and work with it I have some success but then as the day goes on I find these little dark dust ball looking things on my cheeks or my shoulders. Every now and then I give it another try but 99% of the time I just use my Eclipse shake in fibers, quicker and easier. So many ladies have great success with it and love it so perhaps the problem is me and something I'm doing wrong.

Came back to say that I got the Hair Max recently when it was at a special price, have used it only 5 times now but hoping eventually it works and I can ditch the Great Hair Day and the shake in stuff.

@shaggygirl

Yuck -- well 2 things give me concern about what you said with your experience.  First, the fact that you have brown hair and use the blond shade and the second that it didn't seem to stay where it should!  Hmmmm...

Honored Contributor

@Shelbellewrote:

I have no luck with the brush it comes with, so I put a little on a tissue, and then rub the tissue where I need it. I saw Adrienne Arpel selling her very similar product on HSN, and she said this was a good way to apply it.  I have dark aubrun hair ans use the powder in the red shade, but the red is more like a medium brown, but it works for me in areas that are mostly concealed.

@Shelbelle

Thanks for this tip, this is very good to know for future reference!

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11wrote:

I purchased it when I lost hair after a major illness. The strong scent lasted and I found it far too dark for my light blonde hair. I tossed it...

@Trinity11

Sorry to hear about your illness and I hope you are feeling better now! 

Also, I didn't know that this product had a strong scent --- this might be the dealbreaker for me!  And also I have light blond hair, as well.  Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1wrote:

I  use the salt & pepper shade by JoanCat Very Happy.  I like it very much.  It's very easy to apply. It's like an eye shadow powder but it's for the scalp.  It comes with the brush.  

@Katcat1

What color hair do you have?  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Thanks, everyone for your kind and informative replies!  I certainly appreciate it!

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1wrote:

@panda1234wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 I too use to have a mop of hair, no more. I do use this product and it is very good, lasts for a long time. I also use it on my brows, a little goes a long way. My hair is med brown and I have the blond, a good match. 

@panda1234

It's sickening, isn't it??  I am glad this product works for you.  But you say your hair is brown and you use the blond --- the product must be darker --- wonder if I can use it??

@AngelPuppy1 Yes it is much darker. I do believe there is a light blond color that is a more truer blond.