Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers - hair powder - any users?

@LoyalQVCustomer  What shade do you use with your white hair. I have a lot of hair - as a matter of fact my stylist thins it when I get a haircut , but because it is pure white , I can see my scalp at the part.

Honored Contributor

OK ladies , you all convinced me - I ordered this in white to use in my part. I hope I'm as happy as you all are with the result.

Honored Contributor

I have no luck with the brush it comes with, so I put a little on a tissue, and then rub the tissue where I need it. I saw Adrienne Arpel selling her very similar product on HSN, and she said this was a good way to apply it.  I have dark aubrun hair ans use the powder in the red shade, but the red is more like a medium brown, but it works for me in areas that are mostly concealed.

Honored Contributor

BTW, if you are using a laser, this powder should be washed out first before using the laser.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbellewrote:

BTW, if you are using a laser, this powder should be washed out first before using the laser.

Yesterday was my day to use it and I had shampooed but had errands to run early and didn't want to leave home with so much scalp showing so used some then when I got home I put my head over the bathroom sink and brush brush brushed then shook shook shook then brush brush brushed......till it no longer showed up in the sink. Checked all the spots on top where I had used it and saw only scalp so went ahead and did the laser thing. Hope that did the trick.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirlwrote:

@Shelbellewrote:

Yesterday was my day to use it and I had shampooed but had errands to run early so when I got home I put my head over the bathroom sink and brush brush brushed then shook shook shook then brush brush brushed......till it no longer showed up in the sink. Checked all the spots on top where I had used it and saw only scalp so went ahead and did the laser thing. Hope that did the trick.

I would think it did the trick!! I have not bought a laser because I use this powder and also Toppik, it would be way too much to get out each time I used the laser, I only wash it out once a week. all I have time for, and my hair actually looks better with the fibers built up over a few days.

Honored Contributor

I purchased it when I lost hair after a major illness. The strong scent lasted and I found it far too dark for my light blonde hair. I tossed it...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirlwrote:

@Shelbellewrote:

Yesterday was my day to use it and I had shampooed but had errands to run early and didn't want to leave home with so much scalp showing so used some then when I got home I put my head over the bathroom sink and brush brush brushed then shook shook shook then brush brush brushed......till it no longer showed up in the sink. Checked all the spots on top where I had used it and saw only scalp so went ahead and did the laser thing. Hope that did the trick.

When using a hair laser device, anytime the laser lights are obscured from reaching the scalp (actually below the surface of the scalp where the follicles are located), the chances of it working the way it was intended will be decreased and perhaps lead to it not working at all. So it is very important to use hair lasers on a clean scalp, not just sort of clean. 

It is acceptable to use hair lasers on damp, not dripping wet hair. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1  I have been using this product for many years.. first when I was coloring my hair and it was 99% white... I used i the light brown color  to cover the grey streak  and at the temples  with the grow out after coloring....... it was a god send then.  And It is still a god send! 

Now I have let my hair grow out to its natural silver grey and use the all white powder to cover where my pink scalp shows tthrough depending on how I part it.  It is just natural for the scalp to show as pink when you have white hair, but, I like that this product lets me fill in those areas and gives my hair a thicker look.

Just want to add that I order from an ebay seller... free shipping, no tax and it is much less expensive by several dollars... so a win win win anyway you look at it.

Super Contributor

LOVE this product!  Hope they never discontinue it.

I have salt n pepper hair with white framing my face.  So those are the places where my hair has thinned and between the white hair and white scalp...

Enter Joan's product.  Its wonderful!!! The salt and pepper shade is perfect.  By putting that on my scalp (only in thinning areas) it looks like lowlights with the white and I couldn't be happier.