Honored Contributor

Joan Rivers great hair day powder

It arrived Saturday and I used it just on my part yesterday. It looked nice but I have very fine hair and it really weighed my hair down. Made it very flat. I hope if I'm more careful to use way less next time it will help that.Otherwise back it goes.

Respected Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers great hair day powder

@151949  I use it as my brow powder. I use a elf eyeliner brush and apply it on my brow.    

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949wrote:

It arrived Saturday and I used it just on my part yesterday. It looked nice but I have very fine hair and it really weighed my hair down. Made it very flat. I hope if I'm more careful to use way less next time it will help that.Otherwise back it goes.

@151949 I, too, found it heavy when applied with the brush. I now apply it with a cotton round and get a much more natural look and cover more area at one time.

Honored Contributor

@151949wrote:

@151949  Section your hair and be careful to only get it in the part, in kind of a stippling motion, and don't brush down the hair.  Don't overload the brush, it's better to do a little at a time.  A few yeas ago I convinced myself that I needed GHD.  It turned out that I had heavy highlights done and it was just my bleached hair playing tricks on my eyes until it grew out a bit.  LOL  Anyway, the set I purchased came with the regular size compact for hair and a tiny one for brows.  I'm sure it was the same product in each, just different size compacts.  I like it for the eyebrows.  I don't use it all the time since I have an assortment of products to pick from, but I'm probably set for life.  

Honored Contributor

I use the product as well but have always had trouble "laying" the powder down on my skin and I've tried quite a few brushes and finally settled on a larger foam applicator, works pretty well.  I use either the light blonde or the blonde and find maybe it's the color (too light) to really be seen well but the darker colors don't look good on me.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use TruHair Color n' Lift Root Cover Powder from HSN...works great and doesn't weigh my hair down.  Stays on until I wash it out.

Esteemed Contributor

If it’s flattening your hair you’re either using to much or not laying it down properly or both.Dip the end of the brush in the powder & stipple it on the scalp in between your hair.It may be easier to part your hair first.

I have a little sparse spot on the top of my otherwise thick head of hair. It works great. The trick is less is more!!

Respected Contributor

I use this product about a week before my color for touch ups and love it....I wouldn't be without it. 

Respected Contributor

Wow.  I have used this product for years and have never had a problem with it making my hair go flat.  I absolutely love this and never, ever, let myself run out of it.  I found a great place to order it too, so I appreciate the value of it since it tends to be pricey at some retailers.

Honored Contributor

I bought this years ago in dark blonde and should have bought it in light blonde. Don’t apply heavily and should be fine.