Respected Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Great Brow Day on Hair (Scalp)?

That Joan River's product is on my "must have" list and I am not interested in other products, which I've tried.  I have used the brow powder in my hair too with the same great results, but I would not consider that a good value in comparison. 

Off subject here - I notice ladies often mention the deals on Amazon.  I have never seen a deal on Amazon when I compare the price to other sites.  I'm not getting that.   

Respected Contributor

@Alajane wrote:

I've had this problem for at least 20 years and I think I've tried every brand I've seen--Joan Rivers, Toppik, other brands of the same stuff as Toppik, and TruHair. TruHair is my favorite because of the built-in brush applicator (although I couldn't find the right color and ended up buying two colors and mixing them). My second favorite is Signature Club A Thinning Hair Fill & Color Kit from "the southern station." It's basically the same as the Joan Rivers brand but you get much more product and a larger applicator brush. As much as I needed to cover, I would have spent an hour using the tiny Joan Rivers brush.

I did end up ordering the HairMax and very seldom need these covering products any more.  I don't have a great, full head of hair but it's not totally see-through any more.

Alajane, once you get to where you want to be hair wise (after 3 months) can you cut back on using the Hairmax and not use it every other day? Just got mine February 8th so haven't been using it that long but I thought I heard them say when you reach your desired results you could cut back. 

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Tru Hair reviews are very mixed, about just as many poor ones as good ones. It is a talc powder, just colored, I am wondering if it has the static electrically charged capability like Toppik does, that enables the fibers to stick in the hair.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

I just checked Amazon and I saw the Auburn. It ranged it price from $17.99 to $21.00 depending on which place you choose to have it shipped from. That was for the 0.49 oz size.

Thanks so much the $ 21.00 has free shipping. Is it really less messy than Toppik, that would be a real blessing, thanks. Does it have any chemicals in it or preservatives, ingredients are not listed.

When I tried the Toppik I always had to wipe up a fine powder from all over the vanity, the top of the toilet tank and other surfaces. Now maybe it was user error, lol, but I just never have that problem with the Eclipse, maybe I'm just more careful of where I'm aiming! The only thing on the back of my container under Ingredients says: Rayon, may contain Yellow 5, Yelllow 6, Red 22, Red 33, Blue 1, Green 3, Green & Green 5, Orange 4. Aside from that just warnings to discontinue if it causes irritation, avoid contact with eyes and avoid inhalation.

Thanks so much, I agree about the messiness, been using Toppik for many years, forever wiping up everywhere.