Honored Contributor

Re: Joan River's Great Hair Day

I need to get some of this.  I have grays that come in around my face and when I'm within the week of needing color, that gray starts to bother me .   

Honored Contributor

i use Red, but to me it is more of a med brown than it is red 

Valued Contributor

Re: Jos grestan River's Great Hair Day

I love Great Hair Day!  My hair is mostly grey at this point (I think lol).  I do a heavy highlight and in about 3 weeks, when the grey around my hairline starts to come in, I use this stuff and it covers great.  I use the light blonde.  It's not too light at all and blends well.

Valued Contributor

The blonde looks like medium brown to me.  The light blonde looks like light brown.  To me, anyway.   I, too, remember Joan saying to use a darker color to achieve a shadow effect - that it is more natural.  I think maybe it is, if you are younger.  But if you are older with grey or white hair, I don't think anyone would think you have natural darker roots.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@itsmetoo 

What color is your hair? 

@SilleeMee 

It's brown so I was thinking of trying brunette but reviews I've read said it's black.  I'm afraid the blonde will be too light though because when I've tried using brown eyeshadow I feel it's too light.  I know I'm making too big a deal of this and anything will look better than bare scalp.

@itsmetoo  

My hair is dark brown. I used the brunette and also the blonde. I recommend using the blonde because the brunette is very, very dark and on me it didn't look quite right. Joan said it should look like a shadowing effect on your scalp, if that makes sense. That 'blonde' shade is misleading. It should be renamed to be something like 'universal' or 'taupe' because it goes with most all colors of hair except maybe the white. 

Maybe someone here can explain the 'blonde' better than me. But I think it would work nicely for you.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee 

Thank you so much!  That really helps.

Respected Contributor

I used to like Joan's demonstrations, using the powder to hide her gray roots. It worked great on her!

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

The GHD powder is very matte so it takes away that shine on your scalp you get when your hair gets thin...I hated that part especially when I was under bright lights where you could see through my hair and the shine coming off my scalp...ugghh! The shine was almost as bad as the thinning spots themselves. ugghh.