Honored Contributor

Re: Joan River's Great Hair Day

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I used it for many, many years when my hair was so thin. Put it on my scalp and it covered the bare spots really well and it stays put even if you sweat. Need to shampoo it out....it won't budge otherwise. I wouldn't leave the house without it on my scalp. There's a reason why GHD has been a customer pick for many years running...it's that good.

@SilleeMee   Again we're in agreement. I've used it forever. When my hair my dark brown, I used the blonde (really a universal shade...deceiving shade chart). Now that hair is white/silver, I use the white GHD at my temples where hair's thinning a bit. Definitely stays on. BTW, I sometimes still use the blonde shade on my brows...doesn't budge until I wash my face. @itsmetoo 

Trusted Contributor

Does it cover gray hair coming in?

Esteemed Contributor

Dark brown hair and I use the Blonde. They should call it Brown, the name Blonde is deceiving. When in a hurry I use Eclipse in Medium Brown ( it's a powder like Toppik) just because it's quicker than dabbing the Great Hair Day on where needed.  I keep half the holes covered w/scotchtape otherwise too much comes out, for me anyway.

Honored Contributor

@isaboo wrote:

Does it cover gray hair coming in?

@isaboo   Absolutely. When I was a dark brunette, the white part appeared and sparkled through after 2 wks. Yes, the blonde shade covered it up and stayed through workouts, etc. and only comes off when using shampoo.

Honored Contributor

I use GHD on my eyebrows.  It stays put all day and looks very natural.  Been using for years.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use both GHD and Toppik fibers. i apply some GHD in the scalp in the crown area with a tissue. Then sprinkle the Toppik in other ares where needed. I color my hair Dark Auburn, and use the GHD in Red and Toppik in Auburn. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all so much for your replys.  It sounds like GHD has more staying power than eyeshadow would.  I'm still not sure about which color to get but will check them out again and give it a try.  Thanks everyone.

Honored Contributor

@itsmetoo 

What color is your hair? 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@itsmetoo 

What color is your hair? 

@SilleeMee 

It's brown so I was thinking of trying brunette but reviews I've read said it's black.  I'm afraid the blonde will be too light though because when I've tried using brown eyeshadow I feel it's too light.  I know I'm making too big a deal of this and anything will look better than bare scalp.

Honored Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@itsmetoo 

What color is your hair? 

@SilleeMee 

It's brown so I was thinking of trying brunette but reviews I've read said it's black.  I'm afraid the blonde will be too light though because when I've tried using brown eyeshadow I feel it's too light.  I know I'm making too big a deal of this and anything will look better than bare scalp.

@itsmetoo  

My hair is dark brown. I used the brunette and also the blonde. I recommend using the blonde because the brunette is very, very dark and on me it didn't look quite right. Joan said it should look like a shadowing effect on your scalp, if that makes sense. That 'blonde' shade is misleading. It should be renamed to be something like 'universal' or 'taupe' because it goes with most all colors of hair except maybe the white. 

Maybe someone here can explain the 'blonde' better than me. But I think it would work nicely for you.Woman Happy