Esteemed Contributor

So many scents! Can you help me narrow down a choice of the lotion for a gift? She likes earthy, musk patchouli scents. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Respected Contributor

I love Jo Malone but the scent I wear is not what you are looking for. I'd call Nordstrom and talk to the Jo Malone SA only (not the Estée Lauder SA covering the phone, you know what I mean). She will help you, ship for free and give you samples. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Jo Malone ?

[ Edited ]

@godi  2nd what Scatcat1 said. The very first time I visited a Jo Malone counter was at Saks and it was overwhelming plus the hardcore salespitch from the SA made it worse. I ignored Jo Malone for almost 15 years because of it.

About a year or so ago, my local Nordstrom added a Jo Malone boutique to the cosmetics department. HUGE difference!! The Jo Malone SA is also their manager and her training is top notch on every scent, product and most important: scent combining. It's relaxing and a pleasure to shop the line now because of HER.  I would never have known what to purchase, what scents worked with others if she hadn't shown me.

It's one of those lines that produces scents you would think "Ewww" but try and go "WOW!". It's a very hands on/personal touch kind of line.

If going to a counter is NOT an option, here are a few scents. I do NOT like green or super sweet or super floral scents; just letting you know. Only a few scents come in body lotion/creams; that's why scent layering is so important.

* Pomegranate Noir

* Red Roses Bath Oil (sublime). I don't like rose scented products; gives me a headache. THIS one is different and is just....warm and wonderful. NOT spicy. Just...lovely. It layers with other scents and makes them more "warm".

*Amber and Lavender (not my favorite). It's the only "spicy" one in the group.

Not much to help you with, sorry.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you both for taking the time to answer me.  I just have to do my homework. Have a great day. 

Valued Contributor

My daughter gave me a Jo Malone collection consisting of five small bottles of her most favorite scents.  ($115.00) They included

Lime Basil and Mandarin (reminds me of men's aftershave-don't like at all!)

Basil and Neroli (Very citrusy and strong)

Wood Sage and Sea Salt (my second favorite-very fresh and outdoorsy)

Mimosa and Cardamom (reminds me of Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist, very pleasant)

Pomegranate Noir (fruity and dark)

My favorite is Mimosa and Cardamom.  I know this sampler is usually available before Christmas from Nordstrom's, as I received it for my birthday in early December. I just went to the Nordstrom website, and it is listed there. You might try that to start out with. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Jo Malone ?

[ Edited ]

@godi,   Pomengranate Noir would be perfect.  I love to wear it for fall and winter.  It is a spicy, fruity scent and oh, so lovely.  It is one of my favorites.

HeartCat Happy  I actually bought a small soap and lotion in Blackberry & Sage for a graduation gift for $50 in addition to monetary gift.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

So many scents! Can you help me narrow down a choice of the lotion for a gift? She likes earthy, musk patchouli scents. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

@godi  Definitely Basil Neroli...hands down. I've been using it since it launched. It's one of the newer ones and IMO not as heavy as some of the other scents.