Respected Contributor

Jo Malone's New Wildflowers & Weeds

Image result for jo malone new spring 2019

If you're already sick of the dark and cold weather you'll probably be dreaming of spring already. Enter Jo Malone's 's Wild Flowers & Weeds which launches in March 2019. The limited edition collection of five spring scents is inspired by an idealistic take on the untamed weeds and wild flowers that grow up and tangle around the banks of a river.

Just like plants growing in the Great British countryside, these scents are natural and surprising - think stinging nettles, fields of bright flowers and plants poking up through cracks in the pavement. It's beautiful but it isn't always what you were expecting.

The collection includes five groundbreaking colognes.

Nettle & Wild Achillea - fresh, sparkling top notes paired with a cashmere-soft base:

"The tangy sting of nettle, peeking through pavement cracks and entwined with wild, white achillea flower. Sparkling with bright bergamot, the greenness softened by a soft base of white musk."

Willow & Amber - Woody, smoky and sensual:

"The expressive weeping willow, gently draping across the fresh morning water. Captured in the woody pairing of cashmere wood and smoky vetiver, enhanced by softly sensual amber."

Cade & Cedarwood - Warm and sexy:

"The smouldering embers of a wood-burning stove at nightfall. Basking in the warm and comforting glow of cade - its smoky scent mingled with cedarwood and complemented by a mouth-watering hint of sensual vanilla."

Hemlock & Bergamot - Fresh and green with a softened edge:

"Hemlock's powdery petals, brightened with bergamot. A deadly, yet unexpectedly-delicate flower. Illuminated with golden mimosa and a floral flourish of heliotrope. Crisp and modern with a bite of cucumber."

Lupin & Patchouli - Floral, juicy and heady:

"Reminiscent of canal banks, awash with colour. A rainbow of lupin flowers, enriched by luxurious rose and deepened with rebellious patchouli. A surprising contrast with the fresh vibrancy of mandarin."

The 30ml bottles are painted with illustrations of each scent's key ingredients of each fragrance - we'd forgive you for wanting to keep them all. You'll also get a matching keepsake tin when you buy two or more colognes from the collection.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jo Malone's New Wildflowers & Weeds

I LOVE Jo Malone but some of the combos the company invents just....reek even though they sound amazing in print. This is one line I MUST sample before I can purchase. Sad thing is, getting a sample is impossible unless you purchase or go to their counter. 

Some of these sound GOOD!!!!!!!

Super Contributor

It's frightening how the once bespoke fragrance brand churns out these odd limited editions for the sake of sales goals. I've not had a memoroable JML moment since Pomegranate Noir...

Honored Contributor

@IntoSkincare Well that's because Jo left the company years ago (just like Bobbi Brown) and so Estee Lauder, Inc is pumping out scents like crazy. Sadly, they've also discontinued many beloved products/scents. But that's how Lauder, Inc operates.

Trusted Contributor

I love JM but no longer buy due to low silage. The fragrance last about 20 minutes on me. Waste of money. Interestingly, the room fragrances are super strong!
Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I LOVE Jo Malone but some of the combos the company invents just....reek even though they sound amazing in print. This is one line I MUST sample before I can purchase. Sad thing is, getting a sample is impossible unless you purchase or go to their counter. 

Some of these sound GOOD!!!!!!!

@SahmIam  I have several Jo Malone fragrances. There are no stores close to me who sell the line; I've bought most of the scents I have based strickly on sampling through strips in magazines. A few I just took a chance on, luckily I never bought one I really didn't like.

I agree though that this is a line better sampled before buying.

Some of the descriptions in this new collection sound beautiful, others not so much.

I always liked the simplistic look of the bottles. Although the flowers depicted on the bottles in this collection are beautiful, I think using a white cap really cheapens the look. It would've been better if they kept the metal cap.

Super Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@IntoSkincare Well that's because Jo left the company years ago (just like Bobbi Brown) and so Estee Lauder, Inc is pumping out scents like crazy. Sadly, they've also discontinued many beloved products/scents. But that's how Lauder, Inc operates.

I've actually not minded the line under the ELC umbrella and enjoyed a few releases after she left (Wood Sage & Sea Salt wore great on me as did White Jasmine & Mint) but I agree that the line lost its luster when they phased out some classics like Nutmeg & Ginger or Wild Fig & Cassis. I think she's struggling with her Jo Loves line as well. Besides Pomelo, there seems to be no hits...