Super Contributor

Does anyone wear Jo Malone perfume??? Wonder why it does not last all day or is it just me?  Ordered perfume from Nordstroms and it does not last...Love it though...

Honored Contributor

Yes, it lasts all day. You may not be able to smell it all day because of your own prolonged exposure, but other people can still smell it. I've gotten compliments on mine hours after I could no longer smell it. I've also sprayed it on my sweater and my sweater smells like the perfume 3 days later. The perfume lasts - your own sense of smell does not.

Honored Contributor

Her fragrances are eau de toilettes, which is by definition lighter than eau de parfums. Having said that, I have a coupld EDTS (not Jo Malone) that have quite decent longevity. But in general, EDTs don't have the lasting power of EDPs.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@hondagirl,  I have never worn a cologne, perfume, etc. that lasts all day, including Joy, the perfume, that I received as a gift in my 20's.  If you buy the body creme or lotion and then spray your cologne it will last longer but I doubt 12 hrs.  I love her fragrances and she is the lady that introduced fragrance layering.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@hondagirl,  I have never worn a cologne, perfume, etc. that lasts all day, including Joy, the perfume, that I received as a gift in my 20's.  If you buy the body creme or lotion and then spray your cologne it will last longer but I doubt 12 hrs.  I love her fragrances and she is the lady that introduced fragrance layering.  Cat Very Happy

This is true. The JM body creams are expensive, but the scent really lasts.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1, longevity can vary from individual to individual. One person may get 12 hours+ out of a fragrance (usually an EDP or parfume) while another gets barely an hour or two.

I do agree that a matching body lotion will help, but I don't do that. I prefer unfraganced lotion. Besides, I have quite a few scents. :-)

They all seem to last quite well on me, but also, I can always spritz again later in the day if I need to.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland