Super Contributor

Re: Jill's Daughter Is So Pretty!!

...and he looks exactly like Jill...

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt, thanks for the info on where to find the video.  Jill's daughter is a lovely young woman.  Yes, I said daughter because today, we should really not be using step.  Either you are family or you are not--just my opinion.  I think it is wonderful that they love each other, because that is not the case in some situations.  Jill's son is so tall and looks just like her.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Kylie was adorable, and Trevor too. Trevor looks just like Jill, I think! The story that Kylie told about the engagement of Jill to her father was so cute......It was nice to see her children. Her husband wasn't on camera, I know Jill has said in the past he likes his privacy! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SXMGirl wrote:

@fthunt, thanks for the info on where to find the video.  Jill's daughter is a lovely young woman.  Yes, I said daughter because today, we should really not be using step.  Either you are family or you are not--just my opinion.  I think it is wonderful that they love each other, because that is not the case in some situations.  Jill's son is so tall and looks just like her.

So true @SXMGirl.   Kylie has been a part of Jill's life for most of Kylie's life. I remember as soon as Jill married she started referring to Kylie as her "bonus daughter". It was the first time I had heard the term and for me it had a positive connotation versus the word "step" which doesn't. Again, this is my belief.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jill's "bonus" daughter has been discussed here a number of times. IMO, if the birth mother is deceased or not part of a child's life, it is appropriate for a stepmother to refer to her husband's child as my daughter or my son. If however the mother is still part of the child's life, then I see nothing wrong with the term step.

Respected Contributor

It’s always confusing what to say. When asked I sometimes say I have three kids and I sometimes say I have two and a stepdaughter, so as far as I’m concerned I have three. My stepdaughter and son are the same age so if they ask ages, I end up having to explain anyway, lol. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Doug was not on the show, just the kids were.

Jill had said before on FB that the reason she never posted photos of Kylie when people asked was because Kylie's mom asked her not to and out of respect for her, Jill wouldn't post photos of Kylie.  Once Kylie turned 18, she began posting photos. 

Kylie was only 2 years old when Jill and Doug got engaged and it sounds like Kylie was with them a lot.  Maybe Doug and Kylie's mom had joint custody.  But in this instance, I see nothing wrong with Jill referring to Kylie as her daughter because she's been raised by Jill for 16 years now.  

Given that Jill was respectful of the bio mom enough not to post photos of Kylie, I'm guessing bio mom may very well be perfectly fine with Jill referring to Kylie as her daughter.  It only benefits the child to have so much love from 2 moms.  I also hate the term stepchild unless the kids are older when the parents get married.          

Jill posted something Kylie wrote to her and it was very evident Kylie considers Jill to be a mom to her.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Doug was not on the show, just the kids were.

Jill had said before on FB that the reason she never posted photos of Kylie when people asked was because Kylie's mom asked her not to and out of respect for her, Jill wouldn't post photos of Kylie.  Once Kylie turned 18, she began posting photos. 

Kylie was only 2 years old when Jill and Doug got engaged and it sounds like Kylie was with them a lot.  Maybe Doug and Kylie's mom had joint custody.  But in this instance, I see nothing wrong with Jill referring to Kylie as her daughter because she's been raised by Jill for 16 years now.  

Given that Jill was respectful of the bio mom enough not to post photos of Kylie, I'm guessing bio mom may very well be perfectly fine with Jill referring to Kylie as her daughter.  It only benefits the child to have so much love from 2 moms.  I also hate the term stepchild unless the kids are older when the parents get married.          

Jill posted something Kylie wrote to her and it was very evident Kylie considers Jill to be a mom to her.

How wonderful...Jill is a awesome MOM!  All I noticed was the love they have for each other and I did see her son come on air at the end for a few moments!  Beautiful happy family!!  

Super Contributor

I don’t see it problematic that Jill refers to Kylie as her daughter. It’s really none of our business. Stop being so judgmental! For all we know, the biological mom may have given up her rights as Kylie’s mom, or the court may have terminated her parental rights. If any of that happened then Jill could have adopted her as her own thus giving her every right to refer to her as her daughter.
Honored Contributor

Let me say I don't have any "step children". I always hated the term step, makes it seems like the child or mother or father is less than. I always thought Jill calling her daughter her bonus daughter was sweet, like in marrying her father she was getting something extra! I don't see why a parent should have a problem with a "stepparent". One should be so lucky to have another person who is kind and loving to your child and treats them with love and respect.