Contributor

Jill and Kristopher Buckle - brow

Did Jill say if she used the blonde or brunette brow?  I am similar coloring and a bit darker hair and would typically go with the brunette, but I think that might be too dark.  Anyone use this who has brown eyes and medium brown hair?  TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Jill and Kristopher Buckle - brow

That's why I buy blonde for everything.  I have brown hair and the brown looks almost black.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

That's why I buy blonde for everything.  I have brown hair and the brown looks almost black.

@Annabellethecat66agree and it is best shade for I think most from reading Q&A's and I love how it's more ash as I had asked about that on a Q&A and I am thrilled with the blonde that is dark enough..anything more on me at 60 would look odd...we are not to have deep brows as we get older lol! it really looks nice and natural...awaiting the hair root cover up any day in blonde too ..love this guys quality products ...the eraser pens ROCK! a godsend for me...just amazing.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

People tell me I don't look 70 but one reason is eyebrows are the 'in' thing.  I've always been pretty lucky with that (hair, not so much).  Ha!  Anyway, I read that thicker eyebrows make you look younger (I'm not talking Marx brothers, just not thin, which I've never had anyway).  I don't make them black, just not light.  I think that helps.

As far as that erraser thing.  If you either go to Ulta or any name department store (i.e. Macy's etc), you can get Clinique's Creamy Eye Makeup Remover.  It comes in a squeeqe bottle and lasts forever.  All of the eye makeup I use is waterproof (i.e. IT waterproof eyeliner and Maybelline mascara (waterproof). This stuff takes all of it off with one swipe.  It is perfect when you put it on a Q-tip and get the boo boos off.  Takes one minute.  

I watched Kristopher and that's why he moved the pencil to the other end.  It stains the end of it and you have to (I guess) wipe it to get it off not to mention the good thing about using a Q tip is that it is more sanitary each time.  It removes lipstick, etc.  It's only $19 for a large bottle of it.  I highly recommend it.  I've used all of this stuff for years.

I'm 70 and during the 60's big eyelashes and eyeliner were the rage....you bet I did it.    I never leave the house without eye makeup on...Ha!

I used to buy Joan River's same thing and it was OK (for the hair I mean) but it was too dark.

Contributor

Thank you all for your replies. I took your advice and went with the blonde color... I can't wait to try it ☺

Trusted Contributor

People tell me I don't look 70 but one reason is eyebrows are the 'in' thing.  I've always been pretty lucky with that (hair, not so much).  Ha!  Anyway, I read that thicker eyebrows make you look younger (I'm not talking Marx brothers, just not thin, which I've never had anyway).  I don't make them black, just not light.  I think that helps.

As far as that erraser thing.  If you either go to Ulta or any name department store (i.e. Macy's etc), you can get Clinique's Creamy Eye Makeup Remover.  It comes in a squeeqe bottle and lasts forever.  All of the eye makeup I use is waterproof (i.e. IT waterproof eyeliner and Maybelline mascara (waterproof). This stuff takes all of it off with one swipe.  It is perfect when you put it on a Q-tip and get the boo boos off.  Takes one minute.  

I watched Kristopher and that's why he moved the pencil to the other end.  It stains the end of it and you have to (I guess) wipe it to get it off not to mention the good thing about using a Q tip is that it is more sanitary each time.  It removes lipstick, etc.  It's only $19 for a large bottle of it.  I highly recommend it.  I've used all of this stuff for years.

I'm 70 and during the 60's big eyelashes and eyeliner were the rage....you bet I did it.    I never leave the house without eye makeup on...Ha!

I used to buy Joan River's same thing and it was OK (for the hair I mean) but it was too dark.

@Annabellethecat66Well I just love those eye/brow eraser pens and have the my 2 mini micecellar bottles with beauty Q tips near his eraser pens for mishaps. But do not go out enough daily to wear makeup so this eraser is handy as heck when wanting to look really nice and it's fast w/o any residue also it's so thin [unlike my my beauty cotton tips which even have a point]. If I were to use it daily I may not have bought it. I barely had to wipe anything off with my mishaps from this pen which was good. It does cost a bit but helps. I'm 60 and it seems my eyes are so bad lately arghh. No mirror is good lately..hate that! none are large enough or too magnified or not enough.

The Clinique seems like a great idea now as I can keep that handier then a liquid...ty! will consider that Smiley Wink

I also feel a drak brow on me makes me look mean...maybe a disotred image but it's not me. The dark blonde is ashy perefct and dark! agree having fuller brows like you is a very youthful thing to have. My mom was ahead of her time and ALWAYS had a larger brow until she dies and told me not to pluck so much in my youth...she was so very right! And annabelle you do not sound 70 ..you are so young at heart...love it!!!

Honored Contributor

@mimi5775 I agree with you on very dark brows.  Mine have always been more of a dark brown never mistaken for black.  You're going to think this is strange but in high school people would comment on my eyebrows.  So weird to me.  In fact when I met up with my friends from high school on facebook (there are so many of us because we love, love where we are from) several asked if I still have those good eyebrows!  I wish it been other things (Ha).  Anyway, I never had to do much to them.  It wasn't planned because I wasn't that smart, I just never plucked them a lot, just shaped them.  

Even now, I haven't don't anything to them in years.  My problem though is because my hair is thin, I am loosing the tail end of them....so I use Benefit's eyebrow stuff and love it.  They also want to get gray hairs in them so this very light color works great.  

I'm like you.  I don't make many boo boos when putting on makeup and can do it very quickly (thanks to the eyelash curler....love that thing).  I have used since I ever remember Maybelline Waterproof mascara in black.  It served me well when my husband died suddenly in my arms (talk about testing the mascara...wow).  It never ran and was great.  I'd be out somewhere and just cry so you can imagine I'd look like a panda had I not had it..Ha).

I only now like IT waterproof eyeliner (black) and because I'm always in a hurry (just waste time up to last minute) I line the inner rim (up top mostly).  Again as long as I let it set for a second it doesn't transfer to the bottom (amazing to me).  I bring a little out at the end to make it look open.

The whole process only takes a few minutes.  I'm so proud of that!  Big deal, huh?  Ha! 

When I get compliments that I don't look my age I say, "It's due to heredity, probably not much expression and mainly 'smoke and mirrors' (makeup).  I wear a wig because my hair is thin in the front and I'm vane about my hair.  Most people don't believe it's a wig.  (Toni Brattin wigs).

Anyway, you didn't ask about that and I apologize for going on and on.  I just aways feel like I have to qualify things when I say, "I don't look 70" because it sounds so full of myself but I'm the first to say it's smoke and mirrors (makeup mainly).  All of the females in my family look way younger than they are.  

My daughters are 44, 42 and 37 and two of them get carded when getting any alcoholic beverages.  The middle (42) doesn't drink but she does smoke (drives us crazy, no smokers in family) so that affects it some.  It's funny because I swear she's always sent out some kind of pheromones because even when she was 9 months pregnant guys were hitting on her!  I was with her and couldn't believe it.  Ha!  Well we know where their brains are anyway, right?

Take care.  Have a great day.

Honored Contributor

I have medium dark brown hair & brown eyes and bought the brunette.  It comes with two shades...half is dark and the other half lighter and I mix them.  At one time I used Malley's brow gel and used the taupe color which was a bit lighter and both work well for me.

I really do like this Kristopher Buckle brow!  I've only been using it for about a week.

Trusted Contributor

@Clouds1976  To answer your question, Jill had said she used the brunette shade.  I too have medium dark brown hair and use his brunette shade of this and like @haddon9 said, it has two shades and works very well, very natural.

@Annabellethecat66  I believe your'e talking about two different items of Kristoffer Buckle.  It is his 'eyeliner pen' that has the corrector on the other side of it.  The poster was asking about his eyebrow product - no corrector within this product.

Trusted Contributor

@mimi5775 I agree with you on very dark brows.  Mine have always been more of a dark brown never mistaken for black.  You're going to think this is strange but in high school people would comment on my eyebrows.  So weird to me.  In fact when I met up with my friends from high school on facebook (there are so many of us because we love, love where we are from) several asked if I still have those good eyebrows!  I wish it been other things (Ha).  Anyway, I never had to do much to them.  It wasn't planned because I wasn't that smart, I just never plucked them a lot, just shaped them.  

Even now, I haven't don't anything to them in years.  My problem though is because my hair is thin, I am loosing the tail end of them....so I use Benefit's eyebrow stuff and love it.  They also want to get gray hairs in them so this very light color works great.  

I'm like you.  I don't make many boo boos when putting on makeup and can do it very quickly (thanks to the eyelash curler....love that thing).  I have used since I ever remember Maybelline Waterproof mascara in black.  It served me well when my husband died suddenly in my arms (talk about testing the mascara...wow).  It never ran and was great.  I'd be out somewhere and just cry so you can imagine I'd look like a panda had I not had it..Ha).

I only now like IT waterproof eyeliner (black) and because I'm always in a hurry (just waste time up to last minute) I line the inner rim (up top mostly).  Again as long as I let it set for a second it doesn't transfer to the bottom (amazing to me).  I bring a little out at the end to make it look open.

The whole process only takes a few minutes.  I'm so proud of that!  Big deal, huh?  Ha! 

When I get compliments that I don't look my age I say, "It's due to heredity, probably not much expression and mainly 'smoke and mirrors' (makeup).  I wear a wig because my hair is thin in the front and I'm vane about my hair.  Most people don't believe it's a wig.  (Toni Brattin wigs).

Anyway, you didn't ask about that and I apologize for going on and on.  I just aways feel like I have to qualify things when I say, "I don't look 70" because it sounds so full of myself but I'm the first to say it's smoke and mirrors (makeup mainly).  All of the females in my family look way younger than they are.  

My daughters are 44, 42 and 37 and two of them get carded when getting any alcoholic beverages.  The middle (42) doesn't drink but she does smoke (drives us crazy, no smokers in family) so that affects it some.  It's funny because I swear she's always sent out some kind of pheromones because even when she was 9 months pregnant guys were hitting on her!  I was with her and couldn't believe it.  Ha!  Well we know where their brains are anyway, right?

Take care.  Have a great day.

@Annabellethecat66Love the reply! great stories.

again you are so young at heart! and look young so you have it going on girl Smiley Wink!! I'm 60 and people say the same. Lately odd things are going on though...scaring me. Thin skin losing hair and bulging ram veins and well I have pain like...always...now I'm getting worked up for RA. My fingers ache bad ....then the knee and then it goes away then my wrists and it makes me feel old...ya know?

I too use Benefits brow line- like their tinted brow gel for a stray grey/white hair or after filling in with their thin pencil...I love the thinner points now and own SO many 'brow things' it's nuts! I do use the lightest shade in Benefit's brow line like you do.My brows are also less now, thinner not dense and I like to fill in lightly w/a powder or then pencil lightly so not not severe then use Blinc Dark Blonde gel in a tube or Benefit's gel in tube..both are kind of similar. KB is good as it's new color is spot on and just got the hair root cover, I will use around my hairline so my forehead will look more like it was before losing some fine hairs in my areas there at the receding parts. UGH! ugh ugh! BTW my brows are black I'm a true brunette but as I said it looks odd even if I over do the brows too much..I look not like me.

I am so very sorry you lost your hubby omg Smiley Sad

How sad and so young too. Mine is 10 years my sr. I get scared a lot due to many risk factors :/ God Bless you.

What a joy to have your 3 daughters in your life Annabelle <3 they sound lovely ..they take take after their momma!

Hoping you have a very good weekend now.