Honored Contributor

Re: Jill Martin's new fragrance....Potion 54...

I think Jill is harmless, she's just trying to get richer while she can. I bought the fragrance, I hope I like it, but I won't hesitate to return it even though it didn't cost much. Jill said to "trust her", well we'll see, won't we!

Trusted Contributor

I don't care for her either and do not think she has done a good job with the Gili line.  I liked most everything in the line when Lisa had a hand in it .  I am perplexed on how she got this job.  Given the fact that I seldom see anything I like that she presents I was not tempted to try the fragrance. Hope all who did get it are pleased.

Trusted Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

Fiance, please. It might seem like I am being picky, but please stay with this explanation. FIANCE is the guy. FIANCEE is the girl.  I believe the derivation is from the French language that has ways of making words masculine and feminine.  I'm just trying to be helpful, not snarky.

@maximillian

I have less patience these days with those who pick on others with such  comments such as yours. Quite a frivolous diatribe over her word.

My first time here in a long while just to see this.

Won't be back for a while due to same old baloney in seeing grammar police on here.

I'm not being snarky. 

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@mimi5775 wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

Fiance, please. It might seem like I am being picky, but please stay with this explanation. FIANCE is the guy. FIANCEE is the girl.  I believe the derivation is from the French language that has ways of making words masculine and feminine.  I'm just trying to be helpful, not snarky.

@maximillian

I have less patience these days with those who pick on others with such  comments such as yours. Quite a frivolous diatribe over her word.

Won't be back for a while due to same old baloney in seeing grammar police on here.

I'm not being snarky. 

@mimi5775  - Welcome back!!!  Haven't seen you in awhile.  I've thought about you over the months and really hope you are doing well. 

Always enjoyed your posts in the past and hope you consider hanging around for awhile.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Well, judging by the "rock"she has sprouted on her left hand money is their friend. I find her to be very vain and having an "it's all about me" attitude. 

Honored Contributor

@mimi5775 wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

@maximillian

I'm not being snarky. 

Yes, several threads and a number of comments have been posted  just to post snark about Jill Martin. Snark about her personally. Her ring. Her personal relationship. Seems like some are envious of her lifestyle and success!  

The TSV throw sold very well, around 100k quantity! I didn't buy the new fragrance, but am interested,  waiting for reviews

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

@mimi5775 

I've taken two very long (years) breaks from these boards, for the reason you have mentioned. Sometimes it seems like the pendulum swings way to the negative side.....but eventually the ship rights itself. Keep the faith Smiley Happy

Regarding the new fragrance....I can't wait to hear what everyone thinks about it. If you purchased please post and let us know what you thought if you can.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon

i did not realize where this tiny sample came from. LOVE IT.  accidently found  it came from QVC.  I will definitely order a lot more. 

a shame QVC has not been able to find another Linda Richardson since she left. She had class, beauty and brains. Now that they are trying to sell her products under GILI label it is just NOT THE SAME>   

As for Shawn. well, pleasae open the door and let the woman out. ASAP.   remember when she first came to QVC  all she could do was complain about her feet and how she  could not wear high heals. Hmmmmmm...seems like she forgot that story because she is in high high heels all the time. 

I remember whe QVC was privately owned. Sadly now a corporate giant but there really is no better place to shop if you have to do your shopping on line or off of TV.   Sadly a lot of the old familiar faces have either retired or simply left.   ...............

so where do I order Potion 54? I want more as I like it.  trying  to decribe a fragrance verbally will never ever be what weaering iiit is like b ecause everyone's body wears fragrance differeeeeently due to our body chemistry.

Valued Contributor

@mandarin77 wrote:

i did not realize where this tiny sample came from. LOVE IT.  accidently found  it came from QVC.  I will definitely order a lot more. 

a shame QVC has not been able to find another Linda Richardson since she left. She had class, beauty and brains. Now that they are trying to sell her products under GILI label it is just NOT THE SAME>   

As for Shawn. well, pleasae open the door and let the woman out. ASAP.   remember when she first came to QVC  all she could do was complain about her feet and how she  could not wear high heals. Hmmmmmm...seems like she forgot that story because she is in high high heels all the time. 

I remember whe QVC was privately owned. Sadly now a corporate giant but there really is no better place to shop if you have to do your shopping on line or off of TV.   Sadly a lot of the old familiar faces have either retired or simply left.   ...............

so where do I order Potion 54? I want more as I like it.  trying  to decribe a fragrance verbally will never ever be what weaering iiit is like b ecause everyone's body wears fragrance differeeeeently due to our body chemistry.

@mandarin77  So, I just have to ask....are the e & i keys stuck on your keyboard? LOL Smiley Tongue Now, in regards to this fragrance...I have no desire to try it, but I'm glad you think it smells nice, hopefully that will help others who are interested in it. 

I, like other posters on this thread don't care for JM, she comes across to me as "entitled"....that is the best word I can use to describe my opinion of her. Smiley Happy

~ Hope in TN ~
Trusted Contributor

@BrandiDavis I have a better word to describe her, but I cannot disclose here.  We here in New York use the code "local Canadian's" to describe her tribe.