Honored Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer always says all she EVER uses is Bobby Brown cosmetics

How about we give the hosts a pass when they are selling beauty products?  Just picture them with their fingers crossed behind their backs for telling that little white lie.  And Eve Pearl, wasn't that line on SNBC?  Or Evine?   

Trusted Contributor

I don't believe ANYTHING she says. I find her to be unwatchable. Way too haughty, IMO.

Honored Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

I don't believe ANYTHING she says. I find her to be unwatchable. Way too haughty, IMO.

I don't find Jill haughty.  I just think she's very professional and doesn't joke around a great deal while she's doing her job.  She's one of the most thorough QVC hosts.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@bbsr wrote:

I think Eve Pearl should have been able to talk about her product.  She didn't have much of a chance.  Jill sort of took over telling us how to apply the concealer.  Eve just stood by patiently!

This always annoys me when the host does all the talking over the guest/vendor. The vendor knows their products more than the host ever will. Let the vendor present, otherwise what's the point in having them there?!

Honored Contributor

@june22 wrote:

She he can not say enough about Bobby Brown and has worn it for years and years exclusively.......she idolizes BB....

Now she is wearing and gushing over Eve Pearl.

I  think they should have had someone else host the Eve Pearl Hour as to not make Jill off as  unbelievable.  

Or hosts should not say they all they wear is one brand ... keep that to themselves.

june22 --  Giving her the benefit of the doubt, it's entirely possible that Jill didn't use anything but BB cosmetics .... and then suddenly last week she tried some other stuff.  

This happens to regular women all the time .... well, except for me ..... I'm not brand loyal with cosmetics and have never stuck to an entire line ... there's just too much good stuff out there that needs to be sampled!   LOL

italia8140 --   Haughty?    Seriously?    Jill is an articulate and knowledgeable woman, but that doesn't make her "haughty".

Respected Contributor

I like Jil Bauer with Bobbi Brown.  i like to hear Bobbi Brown talk about her products.  She is very knowledgeable.  I feel the same way when Dr. Denese is on.  I do not want to hear the hosts during those beauty hours.

Trusted Contributor

I specifically recall a host on another channel advertising one eyelash growing formula, and then two weeks later advertising another.  Now, advertising is part of her job and she claimed that each of the two formulas gave her, her long thick eyelashes.  That completely turned me off.  

I think there is a way to sell product.

First of all, as a host, don't say anything bad about another product, (or another type of product) you may be selling it next week! 

Secondly, "this is all I EVER use" is a bit risky.  Rather, I have used this product/ foundation/ eyeliner over the years and have found that (vendor makes a quality product, describe - i.e. this foundation has a lovely finish, dewy, not dry, it lasts all day, covers imperfections, and does not settle into fine lines and wrinkles). 

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

Yes, you can  be a good, competent host without claiming you love and use everything. You can make statements like, "when I tried the product, what I liked about it is...." etc, you do NOT need to say it is all you use or you "only" use said product.

Customers respect honesty and just because a host may not use it on a daily basis does not make it a bad product by any means and we all understand that each person has their loves and products they use daily and a host can't possibly use every and all products they sell. And some people just use the same product out of habit and not because it is better than something else. So please, extol the virtues of the product without making it personal because most of us don't care what a person selling a product claims to use, we just want to know the facts about the product so we can make an informed decision about the product for ourselves.

I know some wish they knew what a model or host uses because they admire that person's skin or makeup uses, etc but I personally sometimes want to know for the opposite reason-I may consider avoiding the products they use if I don't like how their skin looks! I know this sounds harsh but I always think Shawn's skin looks red and irritated and if a foundation she is wearing can't cover the redness then perhaps I would like to know what that foundation is because I'd know it can't cover redness very well.

But all in all, I would just rather them not make it personal- stick to the facts and leave the personal rhetoric out of it, especially if you can't keep your stories straight, lol.

Respected Contributor

They believe our gullibility is limitless and our memory is short, just like we believe they are full of you know what. 

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

They believe our gullibility is limitless and our memory is short, just like we believe they are full of you know what. 

lol, I super heart this post- it says alot in one short, sweet sentence.