Respected Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer always says all she EVER uses is Bobby Brown cosmetics

If you look in my makeup drawer you will see 3 or 4 different lines that I use pretty regularly.  It would make sense to me if Jill uses several lines herself since she has access to everything.

I'm not here to defend Jill -- she doesn't need it -- but if I had access to all the stuff these hosts do, I'm sure I'd have many more 'favorites' than I do.

Slightly off topic, I liked Jill without a jacket today.  She has said she is self-conscious about her arms so I give her kudos for changing things up.

Honored Contributor

Hosts likely get many products to sample.  It doesn't surprise me that they have more than one favorite, I do.  I buy products based on the ingredients and claims for the product, not that the host uses it.

Valued Contributor

I was thinking the exact same thing while I was watching the Eve Pearl show..The show following that one was Calista Tools and you know how much Jill love the Claista products and Maria McColl is her friend and Hairdresser and she was the Guinea Pig for The Embellish..etc,etc..But have you ever watched Jill and Kerstin(who also claims to love Calista) on with Chaz Dean..Oh they love Wen...and Kerstin talks about the Wen for her kids..but she posted a picture of her little girl going to Maria McCools Salon for a haircut..Do you think Maria,who has a product line ,would be using WEN in her Salon? I don't think so..Well my point is..They are all full of you know what and that you can't listen to them,they say what they have to say to SELL,SELL,SELL...make up ypur own mind!

Honored Contributor

I don't buy anything when Jill's on, but I think she probably does only wear BB most of the time, but wears on air whatever she's selling and of course loves it.

Super Contributor

I would love to know what product and brands the models really love and use. They get to have all the brands put on their faces. Each must have a preference!!

Honored Contributor

It's never bothered me when the hosts say what they use because I just assume automatically that it's a part of the sales pitch. I don't buy something just based on the suggestion that someone else likes and uses it anyway.

As for the host in question, I think that overall she does an excellent and professional job.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

MAYBE SHE USES A DIFFERENT LINE AT HER SUMMER HOME.......HA!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did not see the show, but she used to say she loved Clinique.  I really like Jill, but she's probably as hypocritical as the rest of them.  I do think she uses Bobbi Brown.

Most of them say they love the line they are selling.  It's probably hard, as a host, NOT to say that.  

I don't think any of these lines work miracles. If they did, all of the vendors, who receive free products would look half their age.  Manuela is very pretty on Shop HQ /Evine, but she looks every bit her age.  That's what stops me in my tracks from buying most of her products.  Even the Perricone rep, Dana, who I really like, looks her age.  Obviously the products do not perform miracles.

The only vendor who looks better now than 5 years ago, is PTR.  Perhaps his skincare is truly working.  I do use a lot of his line.

Sunscreen, a diet high in antioxidants and Retin A are the best preventors of aging.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

It's never bothered me when the hosts say what they use because I just assume automatically that it's a part of the sales pitch. I don't buy something just based on the suggestion that someone else likes and uses it anyway.

As for the host in question, I think that overall she does an excellent and professional job.

I do like Jill.  She's a consummate professional.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Frequent Contributor

She does say she uses BB even when not presenting BB.  I agree, they should have designated host for product lines, because it is frustrating and they all do this.