Regular Contributor

@Malcontent wrote:

@JudyL 

With all due respect to you:

I would think putting that nonsense above the eye is dangerous to the eye and…it’s just awful.

Now, if all these women had decided to pound nails into those same places, maybe I could go for it.

At least I would be entertained.

I disagree! I think the women pictured in the photos monicakm posted look gorgeous! If I was as young as they are, you'd best believe I would be mastering the art of makeup/jewelry for party nights out. My 17 year old granddaughter did a similar jewel look for junior prom in May, and she looked stunning!

Honored Contributor

As I said in the other post, I've done it.  It was for a Christmas skating show, and others in our group did it too, but I enjoyed it.  We used eyelash glue, so it was not painful getting them off.  They weren't uncomfortable at all. 

Honored Contributor

Amazon:   Self-stick Facial "Jewels"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Chinese Bride

HIMSTORY Luxurious Traditional Chinese Wedding Hair Accessories Retro  Costume Princess Queen Tass… | Traditional chinese wedding, Chinese  wedding, Chinese hairstyle

Indian bride with facial jewelry (from Wikipedia)

Honored Contributor

Andie McDowell looks ridiculous!  Maybe if she had worn much smaller ones and not so many of them and they were placed in a different spot....  

I think some of the smaller jewels worn and placed strategically could be very pretty on the right person and at the right time.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@Malcontent Really? Wow.

Trusted Contributor

@Dusty1 

Yes, really. Think of the possibilities. Instead of jewels you had nails imbedded. That way you could hang car keys or photos or your dog’s leash or even macramé your face via nails. You know you could change it up when ever you feel like it and actually make your face useful while still looking like a clown.

Honored Contributor

@Malcontent 

Sheese, I'm guessing you live up to your user name Smiley Surprised

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm 

I just think it looks clownish.  That’s not being disrespectful to you.

Honored Contributor

The person who photographed Ande did her no favors.  I would bet my makeup stash that he OVER increased the contrast and/or sharpness of the photo.  It could be straight out of the cam but he could have very well made the image not so harsh looking.  I feel sorry for her.  I'm sure she wasn't happy to see it.