Super Contributor

I have used it for years.   I love it.

It has a pleasant smell and gives me just the right amount of color.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Glad someone got good results from it - unless the hand cream is not the same as the body one!  It was smelly and after a few days the color built up in certain areas and just looked awful.  

@Pook When I used it at the very beginning, I extra exfoliated knees, elbows, and back of ankle then put a little lotion.  Then I tanned.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Glad someone got good results from it - unless the hand cream is not the same as the body one!  It was smelly and after a few days the color built up in certain areas and just looked awful.  

@Pook When I used it at the very beginning, I extra exfoliated knees, elbows, and back of ankle then put a little lotion.  Then I tanned.

@ECBG  Thanks for the tip  but I always exfolliate well all over but it accumulated in stray streaky areas like my calves, thighs or arms and not the usual places no matter how well I worked it in.  I never had issues with most of the self tanners I used but that...just didn't work for me and then there was the awful smell.

Esteemed Contributor

I have used it for years with great results.  

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@ECBG  Thanks for the tip  but I always exfolliate well all over but it accumulated in stray streaky areas like my calves, thighs or arms and not the usual places no matter how well I worked it in.  I never had issues with most of the self tanners I used but that...just didn't work for me and then there was the awful smell.

@Pook So sorry my dear.  I never had streaks after I started doing circular motions.

I do appreciate the scent of San Tropez foam.  It also doesn't turn me green which application #3 of Jergens did.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

Turned me the most gorgeous shade of orange.  LOL  That was it for me.  Trying Josie's now and so far so good.  Glad it works for you.  Must less expensive option.

LOL @brandiwine , I was orange too... I thought, no way and immediately stopped using it.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

This stuff stinks to high heaven.  I can smell this a mile away.  

A few years ago my sister and I attended a summer wedding. The church was not air conditioned and it was hot inside.  All through church, I could smell that horrible self-tanner smell. When church was over I asked my sister if she had used self-tanner. She replied that she had used Jergens.  I told her I could smell it.          

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I dont see any Jergens Glow that is designated as a hand cream, either for face or body. Also, the ingredients are just awful

Mineral Oil

Petroleum

DMDM Hydantoin

several Parabens

The mousse has no petroletum or mineral oil.

@Trinity11the mousse also doesn't have DMDM Hydantoin either.  However, the mousse is an instant sunless tanner for immediate color and the lotions are all gradual tanners.  

Jergens used to make a gradual self-tanning mousse but now it seems all they make is the Instant Sun mousse.  The original mousse didn't smell as bad as the lotion.

Valued Contributor

Thank!  Love it!  You do need to get use to using it.  Not too much and spread.  You are a life saver to my creppy 77 yr. old skin and brown spots.  It helps

Honored Contributor

i have tried and liked but switched to a more organic brand!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller