Honored Contributor

Re: Jennifer Lawrence Dior Joy Ad

[ Edited ]

@Jtdmum wrote:

I actually stopped to watch the ad the first time I saw it.  I think it was on in the background when I was watching TV.  

I love her.  She is a beautiful girl but has such a great personality.  Down to earth.  I love her appearances on "Watch What Happens Live" with Andy Cohen.   She apparently is a Real Housewives fanatic.  (Jersey? Home state?)

The ad is just beautiful. 

@Jtdmum  I like her personality, too. She says what’s on her mind. On many late night show appearances, she seems to be a “Girls’ Girl” & attractive to guys, too. Besides appearing quite relaxed, she doesn’t seem affected by her fame.

Honored Contributor

I was wondering the same thing about whether it is similar or a remake of the original Joy.
Honored Contributor

I loved how this smelled in the magazine, so when in Ulta on friday evening, I sprayed some on my left arm, then I sprayed Versace's new one Dylan Blue on my other arm, and I liked Dylan Blue much better, so did my husband.

Joy smells really good, but very powdery dry down, and may be a bit too strong for some. The Sales lady said people have been comparing Joy to Allure by Chanel-very similar notes, I guess...

I love strong scents, so I would probably purchase Joy and definitely would purchase Dylan Blue.....

Honored Contributor

Here's a link to the tv spot, which is beautiful.  I loved seeing it.  One of my favorite tv ads ever.

I think they may have pulled it a Toyota Acura commercial is also using "She's a Rainbow," which is so unfortunate.  The Dior tv ad is heavenly.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41lGvjoRCSY

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori Thank you. I haven't seen the tv ad and I forgot to look it up. That's so beautiful. The Charlize Dior ads are some of my all time favorites too. 

There is definitely another ad with that song, it's on constantly.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21  How was Dior able to name it Joy when there is a Joy that has been around for over 50 years?    That is the first thing I thought when I saw this ad.

@Katcat1.  That's what I was wondering.  Joy is a very old brand made by Jean Patou.  Surely they don't allow two companies to use the same name?

@Kachina624   Read post 10.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
I was wondering the same thing about whether it is similar or a remake of the original Joy.

@lovesrecess- not even close. I smelled the new Joy today and it is a totally different fragrance from the original Joy. I wasn't overwhelmed by the new Joy. It wasn't that it was bad, but it smells similar to several other fragrances that are out today.

The original Joy stands alone. When you wear it, nobody is going to mistake it for anything else. It's amazing.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett