Respected Contributor
I add a few drops of Propolis extract to my AM cleanser.

What kind of a propolis do you use? There are so many on Amazon. Thank you in advance.
Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:
I add a few drops of Propolis extract to my AM cleanser.

What kind of a propolis do you use? There are so many on Amazon. Thank you in advance.

Be sure to read the label.  The first time I bought it, I chose the "NOW" brand and picked Propolis Plus.  It was a mistake as it contained additional ingredients.  My second selection was better researched.  I'm currently using Stakick Propolis 75% Strength Extract.  According to the label, it is 100% pure, cold pressed extract made from the highest quality natural PROPOLIS and pure grain spirits.  I bought the 1 oz. bottle since I'm only using drops at a time and didn't want a larger bottle to go bad before it was used up.  I don't know how long it's supposed to remain usable.  The next time I need it, I might look for an alcohol free version, but still try for a high percentage extract.  Also be aware that there are extracts and there are tinctures.  An extract is more potent and a tincture has been diluted.

Respected Contributor
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question. Have you seen any results from this?
Respected Contributor
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question. Have you seen any results from this?
Can it be put in moisturizer?
Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

From things I've read, it sounds like Bee Propolis is a "good for what ails you" kinda thing, internally and externally.  My goal in using it was just to boost my cleanser and have one more arrow in the quiver for helping with cell turnover and collagen production.  However, I made another good discovery recently.  I live in the midwest and we've had a lot of rain this month plus warm, humid days.  The result is an unrelenting mosquito population.  Everytime I take the dog out, they're swarming around me.  I ended up with a bite on my cheek one evening.  I use a cleansing oil at night and that didn't really make a difference, but the following morning I used my cleanser with the drops added and the mosquito bite was gone when I checked my face in the afternoon.

Respected Contributor
Sounds good to me. I use honey with bee Propolus in it but it cannot be put into hot liquids or it destroys the good properties. I just eat it off a spoon.m
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Valstybaby wrote:

From things I've read, it sounds like Bee Propolis is a "good for what ails you" kinda thing, internally and externally.  My goal in using it was just to boost my cleanser and have one more arrow in the quiver for helping with cell turnover and collagen production.  However, I made another good discovery recently.  I live in the midwest and we've had a lot of rain this month plus warm, humid days.  The result is an unrelenting mosquito population.  Everytime I take the dog out, they're swarming around me.  I ended up with a bite on my cheek one evening.  I use a cleansing oil at night and that didn't really make a difference, but the following morning I used my cleanser with the drops added and the mosquito bite was gone when I checked my face in the afternoon.

Shoekitty says

Great idea Jan Louise!!! Bee anything is excellent for the skin, and also internally!  That is why homemade masks with honey (natural or organic) can help heal acne, sores, bites, you name it.  Bee's honey is a natural antibiotic.  I have used it on bites as well, it helps with itching.