Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I have no idea which color to get if I decided to get it.  I'm a light in tarte and fairly light in BE.  

If you have an iPad or iPhone, he apparently has an app for that.  Even though I use a Mac, my tablet and phone are Android, so I'm out of luck.

Honored Contributor

@Karena wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@kittyloo wrote:

I just went over to the program guide on hsn, and it appears that jay is sharing the timeslot with a tooth whitening product. I hope the todays special is not the tooth product.

I've been considering purchasing jays foundation, and would be interested to see if there maybe was a kit offered for the special.  I've also been looking quite a bit over at evine. tons of free shipping, and some interesting brands, in the makeup line. might be my new go to. everything here is just so expensive it seems.

It's definitely Jay who has the TS with make-up.  During Iman's show yesterday afternoon, they ran a promo for Jay and Colleen said he had the TS Tuesday and Iman started talking about it and said she has been buying his products.  I think she said she was wearing his items yesterday but I'm not sure.  

Hi LipstickDiva! I am definitely excited for this TS. Iman said she has been "buying" his products? That's kind of funny. She partnered with him to create this line 2.5 years ago, so it's her own make-up she's buying. Woman Winkhttp://www.essence.com/2015/06/23/iman-teams-jay-manuel-beauty-line

Yeah but she kind of stopped part way through like she wanted to say more or said something she shouldn't have.  It was a weird exchange but she really talked about how great it was.  I wonder if she didn't want anyone to know she was involved? 

Valued Contributor

@Icegoddess, this may be a silly question but how would I find the app?  Did he talk about it during the presentation?

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

I have no idea which color to get if I decided to get it.  I'm a light in tarte and fairly light in BE.  

If you have an iPad or iPhone, he apparently has an app for that.  Even though I use a Mac, my tablet and phone are Android, so I'm out of luck.

Thanks--what's the app?  lol

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

Jay's color scheme is really quite simple to translate into what is the right shade for you.  If you are fairly light in BE and Light in Tarte that's very light and I would try Jay's Light #2.  Light #1 would be for those who would be a match with Pillsbury flour if it were a makeup shade.  Light #3 and #4 may even work for some lighter mediums since his Medium shades (with the exception of #1) seem to lean toward olive and tan tones.  

Respected Contributor

I first tried this foundation a few months ago when Jay first introduced it. Loved the foundation but ordered the wrong shade. I am a true medium skintone with neutral undertones and dry skin. I ordered the Medium Filter 3 and that was way too dark. Sent it back and ordered Filter 2. At first I thought that it was too dark also but it actually worked well for the Summer months for me. It really does last all day without fading. It sets very nice also without just sitting on the skin. I still use a light powder to set it. A few weeks ago I ordered the Filter 1 to have on hand for the Fall months. It will be perfect for the change of season. Very very pleased with this foundation.

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

Not sure if you can tell by looking at his shade chart. Maybe order Light FIlter 1 and 2 and send one back if you don't mind doing that. I think you would be one of those shades.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

THanks Tricolor and Trix.  I think the 1 may be too pale.  I may try the 2.

I appreciate your response and Trix's response.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Sure, hope that it works for you. I have tried many foundations and this really is wonderful!

Trusted Contributor

Iman partnered with her makeup artist of 10 years to market a line of inclusive cosmetics.  Jay is the only one showing everyone that skin comes in a full range of shades .  

.Iman and International Textures and Models Prefer all offered cosmetics in " colors" and were once on QVC.  They all wound up on HSN . Hmmmm