Contributor

Jane looks awesome. I recently highlighted my dark red hair and everyone tells me I look 10 years younger.

Contributor
On 9/1/2014 Deanie said:

I had always been taught that as one grows older, one should go lighter.

Stylists will say that but boy you have to get it right because if the color isn't just right it too looks as aging as a darker color. it's almost a dead giveaway that you are covering serious gray when you go too light. Ah, the perils of gray hair. I like to still stick with a medium brown but with some warmer tones to it. Hate the shoe polish look of hair that is too dark but I do not like going too light in the browns. It just doesn't suit my complexion. I think Hyacinth is right - this might have a lot more to do with the camera lights etc.

Super Contributor

I add my comments here because I must agree with Deanie and Hyacynth003, relating to Jane. A lighter color, to me, would soften her look with her very pale skin.

Oddly, I was very recently reading some articles on hair color, skin, and the coming fall/winter months and it stated that most people , with a darker hair color, SHOULD

annually lighten their hair color by at least one or two shades for the colder and darker months, as they wouldn't look so washed out or pale over the cooler months. Even if they just highlighted with a warm color or glow they would look more inviting and alive.

I suppose it does make good sense, especially for brunettes,black and very dark hair women.

Super Contributor

It is such a beautiful contrast to see lush dark hair next to pale skin - if you get the shades right it works. Think of Elizabeth Taylor, Vivian Leigh, Snow White, Dita Von Teese, Katie Holmes, Brook Sheilds

Its a classic look.

Contributor

I agree with you sun8shine! Love the look. And you can look just as old going lighter if everythings not right.

Valued Contributor

I agree with the OP! Jane looks much better with the lighter hair color -- and the highlights are flattering!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I agree with the OP! Jane looks much better with the lighter hair color -- and the highlights are flattering!

Sorry for the duplication!!

Respected Contributor

Has it changed from a few days ago where it's dark in the back and lighter on top and the sides? I personally don't care for the look at all.

Honored Contributor

Jane's hair look fabulous. Love the newer color and the newer cut. Maria has done a fabulous job lately on the hosts' hair from Jane to Sandra to Carolyn. They are all looking wonderful.