Respected Contributor

I am watching the Black Hills Gold show with Jane. Her hair looks so pretty, I like the highlights. Gives her a softer look around her face.

Super Contributor
I saw her last night on the camera presentation and loved the highlights too.
Esteemed Contributor

she looked beautiful today - both hair and face.

Respected Contributor

It's so-so ... too much of a contrast I think. I like it better all one color.

Respected Contributor

In general, I am not a big fan of really light highlights in dark hair. I did not like it when Antonella did it, for example.

However, it is softening Jane's overly harsh dark hair. Maybe it's being on camera, but the contrast between her really dark hair and skin tone is very aging and harsh.

My personal opinion (and Jane is free to ignore it!) is that she needs a lighter shade of brown. When her hair is lighter, it is more attractive in contrast for her. It is said that as we age, we usually need to not be too dark.

I noticed it with Barbara Bixby on the other night. Hair too long and too dark for her age. It's now unflattering and aging.

Perhaps people on camera need to select a shade seeing themselves on camera, not just in a mirror. In personal life, Jane's hair may seem fine, but not on camera.

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

I had always been taught that as one grows older, one should go lighter.

Respected Contributor

I like her new hair color. I watched her today for the first time in quite awhile. Something about her was softer and more matronly, which is good. It is as though she is giving up that lightweight persona she always seemed to have.

Esteemed Contributor

I have always thought that Jane looks much better when or if she lets her hair grow out a little. Helmet hair is not attractive on us as we age. I like her current softer look, would like to see it even a little longer.

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor
On 9/1/2014 colliegirls said:

I have always thought that Jane looks much better when or if she lets her hair grow out a little. Helmet hair is not attractive on us as we age. I like her current softer look, would like to see it even a little longer.

Janes looks stunning in her new "do".