Honored Contributor

Re: Jane Treacy on Wen and Philosophy

Am still trying to find out if Philosophy is tested on animals. I have heard varying claims by both the vendor and the hosts over the years...I don’t watch anymore but researched it on my own. The website says they don’t test on animals “unless required to by law”. What law requires a company to test on animals?
Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Am still trying to find out if Philosophy is tested on animals. I have heard varying claims by both the vendor and the hosts over the years...I don’t watch anymore but researched it on my own. The website says they don’t test on animals “unless required to by law”. What law requires a company to test on animals?

That just means that there is something in the product that IS tested on animals.  Maybe the product itself isn't but something in it is. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe she does.  I don't use the same products every single day.  I have multiple shampoos, conditioners, foundations, concealers, mascaras, etc.  

Just because a host says they use something doesn't mean it's their everyday product or the only thing they use.    

I think some people take what the hosts say too literally.  Just because they say something is a great product doesn't mean they use it.  There are a lot of foundations I've used that I can honestly say are nice foundations because I've tried them, but I don't use them all.

Honored Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

Watching Jill right now.

She is selling Lancer.

What about her devotion to Philosophy?

she never said she uses Philosophy for her skincare regime, she uses the shower gels for bathing and showering,

The only Philosophy skincare product I've heard Jill say she has been using faithfully are those peel pads.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SFBayAreaNative  I do not see a contradiction.  There are times when I use both on my hair and at the same time.  Jane has two daughters and I am sure that she keeps quite a stash for them as well as for herself.

It is her job to sell.  Philosophy was at the Q before Wen, and many of us got started on Philosophy and have transitioned to using Wen.  Most of us who have been with the Q for a long time remember Christina introducing the shampoo and conditioner, in addition to using regular Philosophy as a shampoo/body wash.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SFBayAreaNative wrote:

I've been a long time customer and watch QVC often.  I just saw Jane Treacy presenting Philosophy and as in the past when she has presented shower gels, she has talked about how she uses this as her shampoo.  Just last week she presented Wen and also said she uses Wen.  How can this be since it would be a contradiction using Wen and Philosophy since Philosophy contains all the ingredients Chaz's Wen does not.  I just wish for more honesty and transparency when the hosts present products.

There's a difference between an "I have used this" and "this is all I use," and it's a tricky line to walk and be honest.

The hosts have used everything. That doesn't mean it's a favorite they kept using, and I think that's where it feels dishonest. But that doesn't mean it is. I'm a product junkie and if someone asks for a body lotion recommendation, I'll easily name at least 3, because I love at least that many.

And it's not nexessarily a contradiction to use WEN and Philosophy or anything else. There are some people who use regular shampoo to wash and use WEN as their conditioner. I've used both in the same week because I was trying to fade the color of a recent dye job and didn't own a shampoo. Smiley Happy And I can tell you that I love and use Philosophy body wash, but I don't recommend using it as a shampoo, no matter what the label says.

So I don't think it's dishonest, but I do agree that they could be more transparent.