New Contributor

Jane Treacy on Wen and Philosophy

I've been a long time customer and watch QVC often.  I just saw Jane Treacy presenting Philosophy and as in the past when she has presented shower gels, she has talked about how she uses this as her shampoo.  Just last week she presented Wen and also said she uses Wen.  How can this be since it would be a contradiction using Wen and Philosophy since Philosophy contains all the ingredients Chaz's Wen does not.  I just wish for more honesty and transparency when the hosts present products.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jane Treacy on Wen and Philosophy

Keep Wishing.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree. No way some of them could have everything they claim they do. Or maybe they do, I'm sure their homes are much bigger than mine. But, how could you use up so much stuff?

Respected Contributor

I'm afraid that transparency is not the name of the game - it's all about selling. 

I watched a video presentation for an IT foundation - Shawn raved and raved about it because she just didn't have time to bother with the "loose powder foundation" (like Bare Minerals).  Then when Bare Minerals was presented I watched a presentation that she did.  Yep, it was the best foundation out there and all you needed was a little tap.  It's all about the sale, not being truthful.  

Honored Contributor

@SFBayAreaNative I use both WEN and Philosophy. Don't see any contradiction. I use WEN on my hair and face, and I use Philosophy on the rest of my body. 

Although I may use WEN on the rest of my body, I really like the Lemon Custard scent of Philosophy and purchase the mega size (64 ounces) when they sell it.

Perhaps Jane does the same thing. Heart

New Contributor

Jane has specifically said she uses the shower gel to wash her hair.  She also said she uses Wen.

Honored Contributor

@SFBayAreaNative It's possible she uses both......one day one product, another time something else. Heart

Respected Contributor

I agree about using both.  I know I get bored with the same shampoo, body wash, etc. and frequently switch from a few different brands. 

Respected Contributor

I see nothing wrong with this. I change out my shampoos and shower gels quite often. I think my hair does better changing out shampoos. I don’t get a build up on my hair doing this. I also change out my body creams and lotions. I use a different one in the morning and a different one at night. Better results doing this......🙋🏻❤️
Honored Contributor

I don’t know about long time products, but part of the hosts jobs are to try out new products.  I doubt they are required to use any vendor’s products exclusively in their private lives, but a good host will use many of the products they will present, simply to have firsthand knowledge of them.