Honored Contributor

Fonda looks lovely -  and once again, good plastic surgery is still best when it starts with a good base.  Fonda was a beautiful young woman.

Honored Contributor

@smoky22

The movie is called Souls and Night and it is a Netflix movie 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@smoky22

@I am still oxox  Thanks.  I hope it comes to regular tv eventually.

Respected Contributor

Of course the pony wasn't hers!

Honored Contributor

I am sure that when Jane fancys a short cut layered cut, it is either a  really good wig or hair pieces added to give her hair so much volume.  Few women have THAT MUCH hair at almost 80 years young let alone at any age!

I think that is fine !  She looks terrific no matter how she styles herself.  I  wear some hair pieces that look natural  and just give me a bit of volume.   Mix them in with my own hair. 

Honored Contributor

She looks good on camera because it adds 10 lbs. but she must be extremely thin in person.  When you have money to get those nips and tucks and the right plastic surgeon you should look good.  Her hair is nice but could be a wig but it's hard to say.  I always thought she was an excellent actress.  I love when actors and actresses age gracefully and say to heck with plastic surgery and hair color.  They are people like you and me but have a different occupation and a lot more money.  lol   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Jane Fonda's Hair

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

@smoky22

Yes! This movie was filmed right here in my home town of Colorado Springs. They used an old house located in an old part of the city. 

In contrast to the reason Fonda was here for the movie...she was also here back in the late '60s and I saw her picketing for a cause.

Regular Contributor

Re: Jane Fonda's Hair

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

She looks good on camera because it adds 10 lbs. but she must be extremely thin in person.  When you have money to get those nips and tucks and the right plastic surgeon you should look good.  Her hair is nice but could be a wig but it's hard to say.  I always thought she was an excellent actress.  I love when actors and actresses age gracefully and say to heck with plastic surgery and hair color.  They are people like you and me but have a different occupation and a lot more money.  lol   Cat Very Happy

I guess I'm in the minority. I think the plastic surgery looks harsh. She has that same masculine mouth and jaw that Julie Andrews, Carol Burnett (implant) , Melania Trump all have with too much plastic surgery and fillers. I think Sally Fields and Helen Mirren look much better with far more subtle plastic surgery.

Of course all of Fonda's hair is fake. It's so obvious. But,  the ponytail looked good because it wasn't as ridiculously full as her other wigs.  Those are aging. Blythe Danner has masses of curls that look real and not aging. They're not ridiculously full.

Also, it seems that Fonda and Redford use the same wig-maker.  (They were so pretty when they were young. I think Redford still looks good.)

In the end -- whatever makes them happy. 

Respected Contributor

I think Jane Fonda looks great.  If she wears wigs, I want one.  The color and style is always flattering.

She said at the Emmy's the pony tail, bangs and dress were her stylist's suggestions.  She went along with it.

Respected Contributor

Jane Fonda and Robert Redford both have had work done.  Obviously from a talented plastic surgeon as they look natural.  I think this is fine.  They make their living on being attractive.  Even Judi Dench has had a face lift and eye job. It is their profession and they need to maintain themselves.