Honored Contributor

Re: Jane Fonda looks Stunning with Gray hair

@SilleeMee wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

My hair is almost black naturally with zero grays. I'm 66. I don't think I would like the look of gray hair on me so I would color my hair at that point. Both of my parents never had any gray hair even at the end of their lives. I hope to follow.

@SilleeMee I'm 67 and also have no gray.  My mother went gray early but my father had mostly dark hair when he passed at 78.

@haddon9 

Would you color your hair if it turned gray? I know I would. Right now I'm just happy that I don't have to take time out of my days to color it and then maintain it. Seems like a lot of work to me. I have too many other things to take care of than coloring my hair....LOL!

@SilleeMee Yes I probably would.  Right now I add highlights 2x a year for a little lift around my face.

When my mother decided well into her 80s to let herself go gray, it wasn't a nice shade of gray in my opinion.  It just made her skin tone look very washed out and she wasn't one to wear much makeup.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1   I'm n ot sure why some do look good while others not. I'm mid 60s as are my female friends. Some of us have gone grey, others like me have not. I still see my hair stylist who does great cuts and hair color me. I don't want to go grey, at least not yet. Some of the women I know who chose to go grey look really good, but there are a few who just look old with grey hair.

Not sure what the 'trick' is but for me, not going there yet.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD and @dooBdoo  -  I agree about how some wear grey and look great while others may not.  I think Jane F. looks stunning with her grey hair and it doesn't age her one bit.  Wig or no wig, she's gorgeous with grey.    

I posted on the fashion thread that I didn't think Andie McDowall looked good with grey.  IMO, it added 15 years to her.

( I don't think Jane was wearing a wig at the awards show with the red dress).

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whether or not she's had a boatload of plastic surgery or whether or not she wears wigs, I think Jane Fonda is stunning. She has a knockout figure which was always on display in Grace and Frankie. She looks great in almost anything.

Respected Contributor

@HiLo wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I am sure it is a wig. But she looks good!

I believe it is a wig too.  She has her own wig line and I have read she wears them herself as well.  I love this style!  My own hair was dark until I became about 70.and silver gray began to come in............... it has been a gradual process but I love it and can't wait for it all to become gray.   

Jane Fonda does not have a wig line , you may be thinking of Raquel Welch , who has an excellent line of quality wigs.

Respected Contributor

In saw that episode  even with out the extensions her hair still looked good.

Trusted Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

Whether or not she's had a boatload of plastic surgery or whether or not she wears wigs, I think Jane Fonda is stunning. She has a knockout figure which was always on display in Grace and Frankie. She looks great in almost anything.

You can tell she takes excellent care of herself. She chooses lovely, classic clothing and always looks neat as a pin. Right off the ironing board.

I love what she has done in her older age. Such a great role model for remaining vibrant and beautiful into your 80s.

Trusted Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

In saw that episode  even with out the extensions her hair still looked good.

I'm looking forward to a new season. I just adore the show AND Jane and Lily.

Too bad the guy she took her makeup off for turned out to be such a disappointment. 😢

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

50CE944C-4C0D-48E2-9F74-1EB4BF9FC9BB.jpeg

Looks to me that he's styling her wig, at least a piece on the front.

Respected Contributor

right before she went grey , her hair was growing out blond and it was getting pretty grey mixed with blonde , i liked it before this darker version , but i like the cut better. It is only hair . My Mom was in her 80's and everyone thought she wore a wig , until she had an illness and had to wear one , never wore her hair grey.