Respected Contributor

Re: Jane Fonda looks Stunning with Gray hair

My opinion, grey hair is aging. And worse are men who have grey beards but not grey hair. They would look much younger if they would simply shave off that grey beard.  

Even Jane Fonda would look younger if she did not have grey hair. 

To me it looks exactly like a wig she has on. 

Respected Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

Her hair colorist is Jack Martin, he has a salon in Tustin, CA.

he says it took many hours to get to that gray shade. he had to use many combinations of tint and developer over 7 hours.

https://www.instagram.com/jackmartincolorist/

Her hair colorist may be Jack Martin but she looks like she is wearing a wig. 

Honored Contributor

Jane's hair is likely medium course which holds a blow dry style beautifully.

I'll never be "that" girl! 

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@CatsyCline wrote:

Her hair colorist is Jack Martin, he has a salon in Tustin, CA.

he says it took many hours to get to that gray shade. he had to use many combinations of tint and developer over 7 hours.

https://www.instagram.com/jackmartincolorist/

@CatsyCline @I've read this and I think it's funny that this is the story her publicity agent is circulating now. As I posted, earlier stories about her wigs have all but disappeared from the net. It's good to have spin doctors. Jane does have gray hair now, but she was wearing a wig at the academy awards when she debuted her gray locks. 5C697A82-D620-4CC6-AFCE-618E74F63130.jpeg

He posted the formula for Jane's Oscar color online. she has some texturizing products in the hair and possibly a bump-it or teasing but it  doesn't look wiggy to me. Others get their gray hair colored by this guy. He's big $$$$

Formula: Jane had about 3 inches of her salt and pepper natural roots and the rest was a little tired warm golden blonde, her goal color was a silver icy blonde to surprise everyone at the 2020 Oscar presenting the final award winner for the movie of the year.

I started the 7 hours process by giving miss Fonda a platinum card, by bleaching all her hair back to back by taking very thin sections in foils using @oligopro extra blonde with 20 vol and olaplex on the virgin hair and 10 vol with @olaplex on previously colored hair.

Once I reached very pale blonde level 11 after 3 hours processing, rinsed hair and did olaplex number 2 for 20 minutes, rinsed hair then tone hair to cancel all the yellowish hue in the hair and prepare a solid white canvas by using @redken shade eq 1/2 oz 9B + 1/2 oz 10vv mixed with 3 once of clear (00) and double the total amount of processing solution for about 10 minutes.

rinsed hair, towel dried and apply the final toner by @wellahairusa blondor 1/2 pale silver + 1/2 pale platinum mixed with 6 vol developer for 30 minutes, shampooed, conditioned. Hair felt amazingly healthy and Jane was extremely happy for getting her dream hair that took her a while to find a colorist that can do it perfectly in a very painless process.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D    ^ ^ ^ ^

Honored Contributor

I think she looks great no matter how it is accomplished.  Truthfully, many would be thrilled with those results.

The Fondas DO have great bones.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I am sure it is a wig. But she looks good!

I believe it is a wig too.  She has her own wig line and I have read she wears them herself as well.  I love this style!  My own hair was dark until I became about 70.and silver gray began to come in............... it has been a gradual process but I love it and can't wait for it all to become gray.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

I never believed that gray hair makes you look older.  It's how you style it  and your makeup is important and you need to have good gray hair.  Not all gray hair is pretty --- some lacks luster so you would have to use products to enhance but Jane really looks stunning.  I am sure she has had plastic surgery but she sure picked a great doctor. Jane is in her late 70's or early 80's.

Slide 2 of 26:            Jane Fonda is known for her signature choppy, layered style, which helps to create a lot of volume. The actor and activist recently revealed she's embracing her gray hair and, we're sure you'll agree, looks fantastic.

That's from the 2021 Golden Globes, and I don't think it's a wig (though I don't understand why that seems to be controversial -- most likely she sometimes wears a wig just as so many others do...  "not that there's anything wrong with that... "😉):

"... the 2021 Golden Globes, where she received the Cecil B. DeMille Award for her contributions to film.

For the virtual show, Fonda remained committed to her vow to reuse and recycle her wardrobe, opting to re-wear a sleek cream pantsuit with satin lapels.

Fonda's monochromatic outfit looked stunning with her silver hair, which served as her glam team's muse for the star's hair and makeup.

Jane Fonda Golden Globes Beauty

"We wanted a touch of drama to complement her chic outfit," Fonda's hairstylist Jonathan Hanousek tells Instyle.

Since Fonda is growing out her pixie, Hanousek added choppy layers and razored bangs for a "cool, shattered effect."... 

... After prepping her damp, post-shower strands with primer and mousse, he blow-dried and tousled the hair with his fingers for a lived-in vibe.... 

As for makeup, David Deleon used neutral tones on the eyes, and rosy pink on the cheeks and lips. "I was really inspired by Jane's beautiful natural silver hair color," he tells InStyle. "It's such a striking and dramatic frame for the face."

​(excerpt from ​Golden Globes 2021: Jane Fonda's Hair and Makeup Look | InStyle)
Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Sorry to destroy the fantasy- Jane has on a wig and she is using filters on her camera. Saw her recently in a live interview. Her face looks NOTHING like that. Lines and sagging.She just can't deal with being 83.

i think that Jane is dealing with being 83 just fine.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

Jane took off all her makeup and hair extensions on her show Grace and Frankie. She was in a relationship with a much younger man and she wanted to show him the "real her". She still is beautiful. Does not look in her 80s at all. Still active, smart and vibrant. I want to be her when I'm 80.