Respected Contributor

Re: Jan 2015 IT Cosmetics TSV-Is there going to be one or MisInformation????

I JUST went to Ulta to try the CC Cream Compact. I loved it and the fair was a perfect color match. It's sort of like a liquid but in a compact, but it dries so beautifully on the face. I bought it and figured I'd try it until TSV day and then if I like it, I'll get the TSV, too. So it looked amazing on me in the store, and I immediately took a selfie to see how it looks in photos. Beautiful! 30 minutes later I'm back at work and I look in the mirror, and I freak out because I think I look like an Oompa Loompa. Totally oxidized, I think. I asked a couple of coworkers and they said I don't look orange...maybe not as pale as usual, but not unnatural. I'm thinking maybe the SA didn't get all of my previous makeup (which has a lot of yellow in it) off prior to applying the IT. Or maybe the cream cleanser that they used at Ulta (that they don't rinse, just wipe off) caused it to oxidize. So I'll try it again tomorrow, on my fresh face and see how it goes.

Respected Contributor

Rach, you might need to head to Ulta again. The CC in the compact in the upcoming TSV is the same as the CC in the tube. It's not the CC+Veil you tried at Ulta. The Veil may run differently shade-wise, possibly a little darker than the regular CC cream.

Super Contributor

On 1/15/2015 RachB said:

I JUST went to Ulta to try the CC Cream Compact. I loved it and the fair was a perfect color match. It's sort of like a liquid but in a compact, but it dries so beautifully on the face. I bought it and figured I'd try it until TSV day and then if I like it, I'll get the TSV, too. So it looked amazing on me in the store, and I immediately took a selfie to see how it looks in photos. Beautiful! 30 minutes later I'm back at work and I look in the mirror, and I freak out because I think I look like an Oompa Loompa. Totally oxidized, I think. I asked a couple of coworkers and they said I don't look orange...maybe not as pale as usual, but not unnatural. I'm thinking maybe the SA didn't get all of my previous makeup (which has a lot of yellow in it) off prior to applying the IT. Or maybe the cream cleanser that they used at Ulta (that they don't rinse, just wipe off) caused it to oxidize. So I'll try it again tomorrow, on my fresh face and see how it goes.

The CC+ cream in the compact is new and debuts in this TSV. Do you mean the CC+ Veil Beauty Fluid Foundation in the cushion compact? I lived in it during the first few months of summer and loved it, but I think that was because my skin was dry from using benzoyl peroxide, and it was very moisturizing. I went back to it after giving up the BP and my normally oily face looked like it had broken the foundation down mid-day and it looked awful. I was so surprised, as my memory had that foundation idolized.

If you've tried their CC+ cream in the tube, that's what will be in the compact in the TSV. If you haven't tried it, I strongly encourage you to. I love it!

Super Contributor

What Desi said, lol Smile.

Respected Contributor

Hi Sparkly, glad we agree, lol! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Can't wait until the TSV is presented.

Super Contributor

On 1/15/2015 Desi said:

Hi Sparkly, glad we agree, lol! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Can't wait until the TSV is presented.

Ditto on all accounts! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

On 1/7/2015 betteb said:

tria® — Saturday, January 17IT Cosmetics — Monday, January 19Algenist — Monday, January 26Clarisonic® — Saturday, January 31Dr. Dennis Gross — Friday, January 9

Finally, something I can see with or w/o my glasses. I am not being snarky! Thank you

Respected Contributor

It is the CC+ veil. Sorry for the confusion. Just got home, thoroughly cleansed and applied it with a little setting powder on top. I hate it. It's going back tomorrow. On the flip side, I started experimenting with some bareminerals I pulled out of my vault. I could never get it to look right with the BM brushes. I just used a Bobbi Brown brush and I think I might like it....and the list of ingredients is a heck of a lot shorter than the It products....
Super Contributor

I'm so disappointed that the cc cream compact has under .5 ounces of product..that's going to last maybe 3 weeks! I'd loved to have seen them put in at least the regular 1 oz size amount.

Respected Contributor

Rachel, glad you were able to decide the Veil wasn't working - onto better stuff! I just don't like sponge delivery compacts. Hoping there isn't a sponge in the TSV one, but at least it isn't all exposed like the Veil.