Super Contributor

Jamie Kern Lima sells IT Cosmetics for a Billion Dollars

Valued Contributor

Re: Jamie Kern Lima sells IT Cosmetics for a Billion Dollars

I am so happy for her!  To me this is what's so wonderful about the Q.... People can have an idea for a business and it can be hugely successful.  While I haven't had much luck with her products, I am super happy for her.  She seems very sweet!  And she must be extremely bright as well!!

Honored Contributor

Just to clarify for those who might be experiencing deja vu, the sale took place last year.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

old news

Esteemed Contributor

Read a headliner on news webs yesterday - Jamie is recognized for being the top self made woman in business.  With so many cosmetic companies out there - I don't get it - although I do use two of her products.  Lots of competition.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Read a headliner on news webs yesterday - Jamie is recognized for being the top self made woman in business.  With so many cosmetic companies out there - I don't get it - although I do use two of her products.  Lots of competition.

She certainly has done well on QVC.  Seems she and the IT line are on every week.   Also, many of the other brands seem to have disappeared or are on very seldom.

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I think Jamie tapped into a market that isn't really there. So many of these cosmetics companies are geared towards very young woman. The IT line taps into the say 30's and above market. I love the pretty soft look of her products. I love how the eyeshadow are nice and soft. Almost all my cosmetics now are IT.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee. IT is not on every week...... seems like a few times a day.  The CC cream is sneaked in during other shows...Beauty, fashion, etc. I think enough is enough.