Respected Contributor

Re: Jamie Kern Lima on Megyn Kelly Today, yesterday

I remember when she was on HSN it wasn't very regular because Bye Bye Undereye sold out everytime. Then it took forever for the product to come back in stock. I would think that HSN could have a huge lawsuit against them if these women can prove that they wouldn't hire what HSN considered to be '"overweight." 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Didn't QVC have some sort of a deal with the Today Show and perhaps since the contract was before Q's parent company's purchase of HSN, she could only mention the Q's part in her career.....who knows....

BTW she sold her company to Loreal......but she remained the CEO of It Cosmetics..........so her company became part of a conglomerate.......

L'Oréal is acquiring IT Cosmetics, the fast-growing beauty brand built by Jamie Kern Lima, for $1.2 billion. The business has been projected by industry sources to be on track to do $400 million in retail sales for 2016. IT Cosmetics had $182 million in net sales for 2015, a 56 percent year-over-year increase.Jul 22, 2016

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Ibby114wrote:

@softwarewrote:

Suzanne Runyan was plus size at QVC then went to HSN, she lost weight somewhere in-between.    Was losing the weight a requirement of her employment?

I sure hope not.   

I dont recall Suzanne being plus size, larger yes. Maybe  a 12  or 14? But I guess in tv that's considered a plus size. Woman Mad

I would expect on TV that a 12 or 14 would be considered a plus size.  The camera does add weight.  I wouldn't even be surprised if and 8/10, which I am, was considered plus-sized on TV.  It seems almost all the clothing models except the plus-sized ones are size 6 or below.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anything in regard to weight was shared by Jamie (she was proving a point) and she has  a "Billion" reasons to prove the people wrong who commented on her weight.  My post was she launched her concealer on HSN in 2008, yet she omitted that from her story, stating it was QVC where she launched. My comment was pretty straight forward.  My personal comments had nothing disparaging about women and their weight.

For those who didn't see the segment, here it is.  

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=jamie+kern+lima+on+megyn+kelly&qpvt=jamie+kern+lima+on+megyn+ke...

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@acatgirl

Thanks for the link to the Today show clip as I don't watch that show or Megyn Kelly at all.

As to the revisionist history about IT Cosmetics, HSN is where IT Cosmetics started in the U.S. Remember the My Naughty Breasts contour kit and the My Naughty Mouth lip kit that she came out with? I don't thinks those sold well since they came out before everyone started contouring. 

But between the HSN stints and the QVC one, Jaime also appeared in Canada on The Shopping Channel where the Canadian customers embraced her makeup philosophy a full 2 years before she ever appeared on QVC. But do you think that is ever acknowledged in the road to success story? Nope. She would rather have you believe that her success only started when QVC jumped on board. That may be where she started to make a lot of money, but she didn't just parachute into QVC with nothing even though she wants everyone to believe that. That's what is so disingenuous about her success story.

Respected Contributor

Jamie looked great and always represents her product line well. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JCFwrote:

Kudo to Jamie for not mentioning HSN as the company that didn't like her weight.

This proves that she is a "lady and true professional business lady."

No wonder she is so successful she does things with class!!

@JCF Where did you read or hear that HSN didn't like her weight?

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are you asking me Suebdoo? Jamie didn't reveal which potential customer made comments about the way she looked, only that it happened to her.  She never said it was HSN.  And that potential client- after her success emailed her an apology!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@acatgirlwrote:

Are you asking me Suebdoo? Jamie didn't reveal which potential customer made comments about the way she looked, only that it happened to her.  She never said it was HSN.  And that potential client- after her success emailed her an apology!

@acatgirl No,  I know you didnt say that in your OP.  I was just wondering why that poster came to that conclusion. 😜 I'm sorry, I thought I had quoted her.  I have edited it now to show that.

Respected Contributor

@acatgirl   JKL clearly stated on Megyn Kelly that an individual - a private equity "potential investor" made a comment about her appearance when she asked for feedback after the investor declined to partner with her.   She pressed for a reason and he said it was her appearance and she said it was her weight.

you really should edit your post