Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jamie Kern Lima is stepping down as CEO of It Cosmetics

More often than not the founders of products and businesses usually leave a company after it is sold to a big corporation.  They sometimes take a role in some capacity on a board of directors, but even if they wanted to remain active in the day to day operation of the business, having a diminished role from boss to employee would be extremely difficult.  It's probably best for both parties for the founder to take the money and run. Whatever Jamie Kern Lima chooses to do going forward be it retired from public life or returning with another business, she's financially set for life.  At her age it must be rather nice to be in a position to make the choice of whether or not to have a working career based on want to instead of need to

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jamie Kern Lima is stepping down as CEO of It Cosmetics

In the three years that L'Oreal has owned IT Cosmetics they have expanded their foundation lines and the shades available. I do wonder in the last year if they weren't releasing new foundations very quickly since their last foundation release in March of this year was pulled from the market 2 months later in May.

I stopped using the IT Cosmetics CC cream in the original formula this past year as it no longer suited my skin which used to be oily but became more normalized after menopause. I found that it would cake around my nose and emphsize any flaking skin.