Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone used one of these? I'd never even heard of such a thing, but I saw a Nordstrom ad online and one of these was featured.

They say thing helps with redness and fine lines.

Anyway, I'm just curious. TIA

Valued Contributor

I ordered one from Amazon.  Took 19 days to get here.  The jade roller rolls right off the bracket it's supposed to stay on, no instruction booklet, as advertised, was included, and there was no free velvet pouch, as advertised, for it.  The tool itself was wrapped in bubble wrap inside a small brown mailing envelope.

Response to my refund "request" was that my "request" was sent to the sender for "review and approval".  I've sent things back and gotten refunds in the past, and NEVER has anything had to be reviewed and approved.

Response to my attempt to leave a customer review was:  "Sorry, we are unable to accept your review of this product.  This product currently has limitations on submitting reviews. There can be a number of reasons for this, including unusual reviewing activity."  Sounds like Amazon has consistently had problems with that vendor.

I may be done with Amazon, pending satisfactory resolution of this rip-off.

Trusted Contributor

@Maggie Nolia Did you order from a third party vendor? If so,that may be the problem. In any case I would call Amazon directly and get help. They always make it right or at least they have in my one experience with a third party vendor. I now only order from Amazon Prime. 

Honored Contributor

@Maggie NoliaI wouldn't blame Amazon.  I haven't had to do many returns with them, but when I have it's been a very easy process.  In fact, I'd get my credit back as soon as the return shipment was documented rather than waiting until they actually received it.  It sounds like your situation was a third party vendor to me, too.  There are many vendors who sell items on Amazon and buyers have the opportunity to examine all aspects before ordering anything.  Even so, Amazon can't be responsible for these other vendor's bad business practices.  That's one reason why I stick mainly with Amazon Prime for 2 day shipping or make sure I read the delivery terms on the listing.

@happycat- the roller may feel good while using it and may help with lymphatic drainage, but I doubt it's going to do anything to encourage collagen production to remove lines or wrinkles.  I saw an ad for those Gua Sha jade stone and almost fell for it, too, but ended up not ordering.

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Maggie NoliaI wouldn't blame Amazon.  I haven't had to do many returns with them, but when I have it's been a very easy process.  In fact, I'd get my credit back as soon as the return shipment was documented rather than waiting until they actually received it.  It sounds like your situation was a third party vendor to me, too.  There are many vendors who sell items on Amazon and buyers have the opportunity to examine all aspects before ordering anything.  Even so, Amazon can't be responsible for these other vendor's bad business practices.  That's one reason why I stick mainly with Amazon Prime for 2 day shipping or make sure I read the delivery terms on the listing.

@happycat- the roller may feel good while using it and may help with lymphatic drainage, but I doubt it's going to do anything to encourage collagen production to remove lines or wrinkles.  I saw an ad for those Gua Sha jade stone and almost fell for it, too, but ended up not ordering.

I think you are right, @JeanLouiseFinch. I didn't order one either.

Honored Contributor

I had one a while back. Bought it from eBay. Seems all it did was make my face feel cool as I rolled it across my skin, refreshing but that's about it.

Valued Contributor

I have seen these and wondered....wha....? Not buying one. I usually put some facial moisturizer on my fingertips, and just massage and tap my face until the creme isn't noticable.

Esteemed Contributor

I am generally not one for face gadgets. I had read about the jade roller a long time ago.

What intrigues me, more, though, is the Nurse Jamie one.

Can anyone comment on this one?

Well, I can. It really does give an effect - dare I say, tightening? lifting? Refreshing, in any event! And of course, temporary.

It feels cool. The longer you roll, the better the effects. It is different than lymph drainage. I am not sure I understand what is really going on with it. But you have to roll as she demonstrates, not as the package or her website directs.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I thought I would go to Amazon and find a "this item is no longer available" notation.  Well, there are 934 of these babies listed.  Call Amazon on the phone, they will eventually get you a refund.  You will have to return the product.  Amazon's Choice is about 29.00, higher than the 15.00 or 19.00 most of the first page items come in at.  They also have rose quartz rollers, telling me there is no magical property in the jade.