Honored Contributor

Re: Jaclyn Cosmetics (Cool Blush Palette)

@monicakm    Who is Jaclyn Cosmetics?  An actress that started up a cosmetic co.?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I wrote this in my original message and I'm sure all of us have bought things from people/companies/COUNTRIES we wouldn't want support.  I found out about her AFTER I'd ordered...

I'd heard of her but she's never been anyone I watched on YT till I ordered the blush. 

Honored Contributor

I didn't know about a lipstick drama.  She is someone that has just recently come across my radar.

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel 

Yes, I've been a fan of Tati's and am glad she's back.  I know there was drama between her and a couple of influencers I do NOT support nor do I watch them but I didn't pay a lot of attention to the details and didn't search them (details) out.  She has apologized and took a year off of YT to get her life/priorities back on track.  At least it seems like it.  

Honored Contributor

Again, I didn't know about Jaclyn until after I'd purchase the blush!  China anyone???

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

I have no idea if she is or was an actress.  She's not someone I have followed on YT.  I'm so out of the loop when it comes to tv!  I watch one soap opera and Naked and Afraid with my husband on Sunday nights.  That's about it lol

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel 

Yes, I've been a fan of Tati's and am glad she's back.  I know there was drama between her and a couple of influencers I do NOT support nor do I watch them but I didn't pay a lot of attention to the details and didn't search them (details) out.  She has apologized and took a year off of YT to get her life/priorities back on track.  At least it seems like it.  

@monicakm  I gotta say, I don't watch many big influencers anymore.  It seems like many of them don't act right.  I'm sure smaller influencers have skeletons in their closets as well, but there is something about having money that changes people (not all, but many).  They start seeing dollar signs and suddenly their values aren't that important to them anymore.  It's a shame.

Mostly I stick to the smaller channels now.  If it seems like someone is getting a little too big for their britches, I unsubscribe.  

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel 

It seems like many of them don't act right. 

They get very comfortable being in front of the camera and some of them get TOO comfy and being too edgy/rude and dropping the F-bomb seems to be "in" right now.  The world is not a "kind and gentle" place anymore (or I've misplaced my rose colored glasses) Smiley Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel 

It seems like many of them don't act right. 

They get very comfortable being in front of the camera and some of them get TOO comfy and being too edgy/rude and dropping the F-bomb seems to be "in" right now.  The world is not a "kind and gentle" place anymore (or I've misplaced my rose colored glasses) Smiley Surprised

@monicakm  Personally, I don't mind the F-bombs.  I'm more concerned about things people say or do that cause harm.  That was more what I was referring to.

Of course there are things that annoy or bother me personally...but I won't list them all here.  haha

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel 

I understand.  It's just the world in general is getting (imo) more rude and crass.  Altho certainly not in the same category as rude and crass, more casual to the point that (again imo) it makes people appear that they don't care what they look like (clothes that look like they've been thru a meat grinder).  People are louder and don't seem to care what others hear them say.  When is the last time you went to a restaurant for a quiet and romantic dinner?  Good luck finding a quiet place to eat and if it is quiet, it's because everyone is glued to either their phones or the TVs in every corner.  And this has gotten WAY off topic!  Sorry Smiley Sad