Honored Contributor

I have used both nail products to strength my nails. It's time to re-order and would like some feedback about which you prefer.

I keep my nails quite short (just a little beyond ends of fingers). I never use color polish so this clear nail product also gives my nails a finished, manicured look as well as protection from breaking, peeling and fills in ridges.

Which one has performed better for you?

Respected Contributor

Re: JULEP VS PERFECT FORMULA

I hate to knock anyone's product, but Julep did nothing for me. I have been using Perfect Formula for about a year and my nails are great. I have to say that I have very strong nails even if I use nothing, but I have a major peeling problem. No more peeling.

Honored Contributor

The only Julep product I've ever used was a nail polish.  It was in a Shawn's favorite kit that I bought and it's a gold color.

The polish was horrible to try and remove. 

Honored Contributor

None of the QVC products have ever done a thing for me.  I've gotten the best results with Nailtiques 2 from the drugstore plus a good cuticle cream to keep my nails moisturized. 

@Shanus  Considering the work you do, I'm amazed you'd have any fingernails at all. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

None of the QVC products have ever done a thing for me.  I've gotten the best results with Nailtiques 2 from the drugstore plus a good cuticle cream to keep my nails moisturized. 

@Shanus  Considering the work you do, I'm amazed you'd have any fingernails at all. 

@Kachina624. Lol.  I wear gloves (surgical type) and if I remember, use my copper tongs to retrieve the metal pieces out of the acid.

The only time I need to actuallly "feel" the metal is when I file it during the finishing process. With gloves on, I can't feel any shards or file marks that need to be buffed out. I save all pieces that are in that stage to finish at one time (maybe every 2 weeks) and to he-l w/ nails! In between, I like to keep a coat of strenthener on them.

Thanks for your input!! To the drugstore later today.....

Trusted Contributor

I've only tried Julep of two ( unless the other brand was the sheer pink gel coat that isn't really a gel) but the Julep Oxygen wasn't good. I didn't finish my bottle. Not much shine, went on patchy, didn't wear well. I'm wondering why so many like it.

However, love Julep's nail lacquer, full coverage in one coat in some cases. It lays so smooth it almost dries out any imperfections itself. I don't buy it anymore, just too tiny of a bottle. I bought mine direct from the company when they had $4 sales.

Honored Contributor

For me it would be neither of these. I get the best results ever with Sally Hansen Miracle Growth, gold top, gold bottle, use it as my base coat, and my nails are long and strong all the time.

Honored Contributor

Perfect Formula did nothing for me.

Trusted Contributor

The best nail poduct I ever used was a bottle called "Pink Armor" nail gel, and it was on the "as seen on TV" shelf in the drugstore for $9.99.

Best stuff ever!

It is now gone off every "as seen on TV" shelf in any drugstore. If I had known it was a one and done, I would have bought 5  bottles and stocked up.

It made my nails so hard, and left a hint of pink on them. Not like nail polish pink, just a hint of pink.

I am so bummed. There was one hawker selling it for $29.99 on Amamzon but I will not pay that when I know it was in stores for $9.99.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I so agree with you Kachina624 I have tried every product the Q offers and none have worked. Nailtiques have worked wonders on my nails. I have struggled with peeling weak breaking nails for years and after watching you tubers eith great nails one of them mentioned nailtiques and I was hooked. I use the regular 2 with beautiful results I now have pretty nails.I buy mine from ebay and save a lot of money 4 bottles for $16.00 compared to the drugstore.