Respected Contributor

Re: JULEP TSV VS GEL MANICURE

Like everyone else, gels really damaged my nails.  Plus, I hated being tied to a salon to get them done and it was expensive.  I use Esse - TLC - on my nails now and am very pleased.  

Honored Contributor

My experience with QVC nail products has been dismal.  I've tried several and my nails were the worse for it.  I think most are just cheap, clear polish for $39.  I haven't tried the TSV but laughed out loud when the presenter said it contained alpha hydroxy acid.  What could that possibly do for fingernails?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  According to Allure alpha hydroxy acid can help fortify brittle nails. They are also used to gently exfoliate skin around cuticle bed. Exfoliation removes dry skin and hangnails from nail plate , rejuvenates living skin and moisturizers skin in nail area

Honored Contributor

I remember when gel polish came out and techs kept going on and on about how much better it was for your nails than acrylic.  I have had both and gel was just as damaging.  Not only that, I have bad mails to begin with and even the gel polish wasn't strong enough on my nails to prevent breaking, splitting and ripping.  I went back to my acrylic overlays over my natural nails.

I've never had any luck with any type of repairative nail system I've tried.  It doesn't matter how expensive or how cheap, none of it stays on my natural nails.  Any type of product ends up peeling right back off my natural nail in one strip.     

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@Kachina624  According to Allure alpha hydroxy acid can help fortify brittle nails. They are also used to gently exfoliate skin around cuticle bed. Exfoliation removes dry skin and hangnails from nail plate , rejuvenates living skin and moisturizers skin in nail area

@Janey2   I know what AHA does; I've used it for 30 years.  That's why I laughed.  When used over a period of time on a daily basis, it does exfoliate.  Used in a nail polish, useless.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

My experience with QVC nail products has been dismal.  I've tried several and my nails were the worse for it.  I think most are just cheap, clear polish for $39.  I haven't tried the TSV but laughed out loud when the presenter said it contained alpha hydroxy acid.  What could that possibly do for fingernails?

@Kachina624   That would scare me off for sure. AHAs in skincare is an exfoliant...the LAST I'd want on my nails!!