Valued Contributor

Re: JUDY PERFUME---ANYONE BUYING?

From the notes, it sounds like it would lean towards being a warm, heavy oriental.  My aura doesn't do well with those types of perfumes.  I like fresh, citrusy, ocean like scents.

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I would never buy a fragrance that I couldn't test first. No way and not a fan of 'celebrity" perfumes anyway.

@Love my grandkids 

I feel exactly the same way.  Our individual skin chemistry can significantly alter the dry down scent, so how it smells on me will be different than on someone else.

Why would anyone buy something they didn't know how it would smell on them?   Even the "cheap" fragrances are expensive these days.  IMO, the "tester" trial has to come first.

Honored Contributor

I was really interested in this since my name is Judy. But not a Garland fan so lost interest.

Respected Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

To me it has very odd notes. Chocolate? Pink Pepper? Bourbon Vanilla? Tobacco??? I would love to test this scent but I don't think I would care for it.

"top notes of dark orchid, coriander, tonka bean, elemi; middle notes of muguet, honey, and pink pepper; and base notes of tobacco, chocolate, musk, amber, bourbon vanilla, caramel, and patchouli."

Cigar for some reason comes to mind reading this description.  

On the other hand maybe the tobacco scent is so light that it would be undetectable?  

I can see why the host said it was for men and women...not something I would risk buying at that price.  I always need to smell it in person as I am so sensitive to fragrance.

Honored Contributor

OMG!  Always trying to make money.  I am not interested.  She had so many drugs in her system maybe the perfume smells like drugs.  I believe Judy got started on drugs from the movie co. she was working for.  Long hours so a pill to keep you up.  Rather sad.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

To me it has very odd notes. Chocolate? Pink Pepper? Bourbon Vanilla? Tobacco??? I would love to test this scent but I don't think I would care for it.

"top notes of dark orchid, coriander, tonka bean, elemi; middle notes of muguet, honey, and pink pepper; and base notes of tobacco, chocolate, musk, amber, bourbon vanilla, caramel, and patchouli."

The notes sound like the aftermath of a party.  It gives me visions of turned over bottles of booze, overflowing ashtrays, and half eaten chocolates.  Oh, how glamourous.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!