Esteemed Contributor

Re: JOSIE, MARY BETH...FATAL MISTAKE!!!! DOGS

[ Edited ]

@santorini wrote:

I love pets too but with all due respect, there are lots of other ingredients in her products.  It’s not as if it’s pure macadamia sauce so if a dog were to lick a spot where the cream had been thinly smeared, i highly doubt there would be a cause for concern. That’s probably why they are not going to interrupt their normal programming schedule to announce a warning.  

I was always under the impression her products were purely Argan oil,nothing else. Boy was I mistaken  !   Smiley Sad

Why does she falsely  say that on air?  She knock Vaseline by saying it is petrolem and we do not want to use petrolem ...

I'm so done with jose's  products!!!!     Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

@skittles2 

Thanks again . While some might say one of something or a small amount might not be harmful to your pet  you don't know . Animals just like people are individual . Thing can effect them differently based on their size, breed ,etc. With all the wonderful products now made especially for pets , why would you take a chance . I am sure people who suffer food allergies or skin sensitivities would think twice about eating or drinking something if their were trace amounts of that food it it or using a body wash or lotion with those ingredients  . Thank you again  Skittle 

You're welcome!

You're right,  I have a shellfish allergy, no way would I try something if just a speck were in it.

My little corgi is ill right now, we have no idea why he's vomiting and diarrhea. Waiting on pancreas test to come back tomorrow. I feel so bad for him. 

He could have gotten into something in the yard.  We don't allow him to be on his own because he's a spinal patient, has had 2 spine operations, missing 5 discs, so we're always with him as he walks slowly and we want to make sure he doesn't get into anything. He will just grab a clump of dirt to eat! 

He may have eaten something quickly before viewed in our sight. He's had liver issue a few times, so we'll see.  I'm on a watch through the night to see if I need to take him to the hospital. Poor little guy.

I can't imagine putting a product on them on purpose knowing it could make them  feel as bad as he does now, or make them critical.

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Trusted Contributor

@LukeandDrewsMom @Lipstickdiva 

My vet 's home does not have pack red cells/plasma/platelets,, IV calcium, EKG monitor,  Albumin,  IV nutritional therapy, O2 tent, class 3 meds, and a whole team at her disposal, in other words- a critical care unit.

Trusted Contributor

@skittles2 I think you got the message out quite well.  Never put anything on your pet that your vet hasn't approved first.  Geez...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skittles2 

Oh @skittles2 , I had a "soul dog"  Corgi named Barkley before I got my little  Maltie.  i will never forget my BARKLEY as he helped me grieve my DH death and taught me how to live again. Corgie's are," Angels without Wings" 

Their hearts are bigger than their little legs.

I have had so very many wonderful dogs in my long life (82)  but my Corgi is one of those unforgetable ones  <3

Many "oldies' ( since '92) here on these boards, can tell you of his anticks as we all  talked through those long nites together  <3  (I was "CorgiMom"  back then)

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think the Q means any harm, but geez, how can these vendors give "helpful" hints and advice they know nothing about??? I never believe one word that comes out of Josie's mouth. I've said it before and I'll say it again!.

Anything for a buck!!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

@MalteseMomma 

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@skittles2 

Oh @skittles2 , I had a "soul dog"  Corgi named Barkley before I got my little  Maltie.  i will never forget my BARKLEY as he helped me grieve my DH death and taught me how to live again. Corgie's are," Angels without Wings" 

Their hearts are bigger than their little legs.

I have had so very many wonderful dogs in my long life (82)  but my Corgi is one of those unforgetable ones  <3

Many "oldies' ( since '92) here on these boards, can tell you of his anticks as we all  talked through those long nites together  <3  (I was "CorgiMom"  back then)

I remember your name CorgiMom! I've been here a long time also, I'm one of those whose posts numbers aren't correct.  

I'm sorry about your husband. Barkley was indeed a blessing, still is, I'm sure.Heart  I know they are always with us.

Barkley, what a cute name for a corgi, but they're all so cute, well all dogs and cats are adorable, their personalities are so different, I love them all.

My corgi did get very sick on Friday. He's spent since then, through last evening, in the hospital. GI trouble, but they found out he's got a few lab levels that are troubling.  He'll need scoping of his upper and lower GI system and biopsies,  bone marrow biopsy, liver and spleen biospies. They'll do everything all at once so he just has to have general anesthesia once.

They can't quite pinpoint what's going on. His sono had a few abnormalities, but it's looked that way for a few years, so thats ok,  lymph glands look ok, nothing really serious....but something causing wonky labs.

Right now they want him to take sometime to recover from his illness and hospitalization, so in a few weeks the scoping and biopsies will occur.

He also has IVDD, Intervertebral Disc Disease.

has had 2 back surgeries, missing 5 discs.

Did Barkley have this? Many Corgi's and Daschunds, long back dogs and cats have this.

My Blaze is a Pembroke tricolor, who has daily antics!  he's silly, sweet, will eat ANYTHING and as much as he can. He's on a RX diet, but he loves it.  He loves everything, even dirt!

PLease keep my little guy in your prayers. 

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

@skittles2 I think you got the message out quite well.  Never put anything on your pet that your vet hasn't approved first.  Geez...

@Jtdmum - You are so right! DH is a veterinarian. He shakes his head at people who ask him about all of these holistic products and such. His opinion is if it is not made FOR dogs or cats, don't use it! It might not cause any problems at all, but it could. Be especially careful of kitties because they are constantly licking themselves! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Jtdmum @beach-mom 

@beach-mom wrote:

@Jtdmum wrote:

@Jtdmum - You are so right! DH is a veterinarian. He shakes his head at people who ask him about all of these holistic products and such. His opinion is if it is not made FOR dogs or cats, don't use it! It might not cause any problems at all, but it could. Be especially careful of kitties because they are constantly licking themselves! Smiley Happy

Thank you both for your input! You're spot on.

@beach-mom  Please thank your husband for being a Vet. It's an emotionally hard-profession, but one of the best, in my opnion, in the world.  I've had furbabies with difficult medical conditions, my vets have such compassion for not only the little ones, but for the family also.  They've been wonderful. 

Honored Contributor

@skittles2 - I will! Thank you for saying that! Smiley Happy