Trusted Contributor

Re: JOSIE, MARY BETH...FATAL MISTAKE!!!! DOGS

@Lipstickdiva 

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

One lick of this lotion, that is diluted with other ingredients, isn't going to do anything to a dog just like one raisin or grape is going to do anything to your dog.

@Lipstickdiva 

I'm not pulling facts out of thin air. I've talked to Vet Poison Control, my vet, and a  Vet Hospital. 

1 lick, and any number of raisins, including 1, can be fatal to a dog, any number. There are factors in our pet's makeup to consider as well;  kidneys, liver, pancreas, cardiac problems, known or more likely, unknown happening......

My vet rushed her dog to the hospital because she ate 2 raisins, 2.  and her  boxer was young and healthy that's how dangerous . The hospital immediately pumped her stomach, started an IV for fluids and meds, start another IV of  platelets and IV calcium. They weren't doing it just to be safe, they knew what they were dealing with, and they were right, the boxer did hemorrage, lysis developed, she lingered for days, went through bags of blood,

thank God she made it. Thank God

Please don't say one lick, or one of anything, someone may read or hear that, and not no any better....

1 of anything may kill.

Please call yourself, everyone, please call places that know. 

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Contributor

I think you are overstating the possible danger to pets. Maybe take a step back, and take a deep breath.

Contributor

Why would your vet not just treat her own dog herself?

Honored Contributor

Josie says all kinds of things that are not backed by any science. How irresponsible of Josie to say such a thing. Just another blunder  and possibly a deadly one😡

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LukeandDrewsMom

You might read the extensive treatment the poor doggie required.

Do you imagine his owner, a Vet, keeps ready blood, and a donor dog, along with IV set ups, and IV medication in her Home?

I imagine not.  The poster said the Vet rushed her Boxer to the Vet and They treated it.  Nothing says she didn’t help.

Yes, a small amount can be dangerous.  Even a tiny bit.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@LukeandDrewsMom wrote:

I think you are overstating the possible danger to pets. Maybe take a step back, and take a deep breath.

Maybe you should do some research on the subject before you make that determination.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Dogs should never be given chocolate. It is poisonous to them. My husband was a vet tech before military.
Respected Contributor

Santorini, I still owe you and apology for ranting at you before when I thought you were calling me gutter trash. I reread the thread and realized you actually had my back.
I tried to apologize then but I got banned.
So sorry,forgive me?
Respected Contributor

Santorini, I really hope you see this, amigo☺
Respected Contributor

Sorry ladies, I didn't want to ruin your thread. I have looked for Santorini all over the threads and I never find her. So,I finally found her and she's gone. This incident took place like 6 months ago. Darn it, I had to take my chance. I never run into her.
Carry on, sorry