Trusted Contributor

Re: JOSIE, MARY BETH...FATAL MISTAKE!!!! DOGS

Josie should've made the announcement as it's her product, and she talked about it too.

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Respected Contributor

People mistake that anything a human uses is safe for animals too. I watched the entire show but never heard the correction made.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

WOW! THEY IGNORED ITCat Sad

I contacted QVC at 10:13, 13 minutes into the show, they had plenty of time to make a call to any Vet/Hospital to verify.

This is very sad. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm sure your message was forwarded on somewhere but highly unlikely that anything would immediately be sent to hosts to update on air. 

While you do have a valid point just imagine how many of these types of calls customer service may receive on a daily basis.

Trusted Contributor

They make on air corrections all the time, and they do have the ability to contact the production manager immediately, and certainly have someone on the job to make inquiries, and a team of lawyers at a moment's notice. 

Even if all the above was too much for a company as big as QVC to handle, all they had to say was 'we're not saying you should ever put any product on pets, check with you Vet.'

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skittles2 

OMG,Thank you so much. I always put Infinity oil on my precious Maltie.

I put it on his feet in winter,on his belly after every bath,cause he  LICKS his belly so much after a bath and on any other part that may need it.

I have been doing this for years.I did not know it could hurt him,I thought it was safe and pure. She said it was "Pure" I assumed it was only Argan Oil,nothing else!

OMG,Thank you so much for telling us this priceless info

GOD BLESS YOU @skittles2 

Respected Contributor

I love pets too but with all due respect, there are lots of other ingredients in her products.  It’s not as if it’s pure macadamia sauce so if a dog were to lick a spot where the cream had been thinly smeared, i highly doubt there would be a cause for concern. That’s probably why they are not going to interrupt their normal programming schedule to announce a warning.  

Respected Contributor

@skittles2 

Call this number, it is the switchboard to QVC  (484) 701-1000.  Ask operator who she can connect you with to report this.

I called and asked to talk to the office of the president, but got a recording to leave a message, which I did, but they might not review those.

If you tell the switchboard operator you want to actually talk to someone and not get a recording.

Respected Contributor

Wow.  That's a pretty heinous mistake .   Thanks for letting us know @skittles2

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

You may have better luck contacting Josie's company directly.

Buyer beware.