Trusted Contributor

JOSIE, MARY BETH...FATAL MISTAKE!!!! DOGS

[ Edited ]

I just called CS and asked they pass this onto Mary beth and Josie to announce the error, and not to put onto dogs.

Also told them to call Home Again Vet's and have them verify what I've said so they can announce right away, during the show, before someone watching the show makes a horrible mistake with their precious furbabies.

They just said you can put Infinity Oil, which contains many nuts, including Macadamia, onto dogs noses and they can lick it off it won't hurt them.  

IT CAN KILL THEM. 

Macadamia  Nut can cause liver failure, hemorrhaging, that once it begins,  cannot be stop.  Call Posion Control for Animals to get the facts.

My dog grabbed my small tube of Infinity Oil and punctured it. I called Home Again, they have direct connection to Vets in Posion Control- ( who will look up anything you're interested in before bringing into home or garden, in addition to emergency calls and treatment)

I had to take my dog to the emrgency hospital for watching to see if he ingested any oil.

I'm very careful about what I do and DON'T use in my home/yard, and ususally on my skin.  I had just finished using my small tube, dropped it, he came over and grabbed and bit down, tore the tube open.

I had no idea Macadamia nut could be critical, and, of course, neither did Mary Beth, not faulting her, nor do most people.  I just wanted them to quickly retract what was stated.

Just because something states natural, organic, Cruelty Free, doesn't mean it's safe for pets, cats or dogs.

They rub against us, lick us, so any products we put onto our bodies, they'll ingest.

Please also check out your skincare ingredients.

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

Re: JOSIE, MARY BETH...FATAL MISTAKE!!!! DOGS

Why would they even suggest that?  Do dogs' noses get dry?

Trusted Contributor

They were talking about skin getting a sunburn, and mentioned dogs do as well.

Valued Contributor

@skittles2 

Thanks so much You are correct I have had dogs all my life and these nuts are definitely on the No list for dogs . Vet offices have posters with foods that are deadly for pets .As we have said many times here vendors and hosts will just say anything, but you really have to be careful using anything with foods or oils on your pets . I know people use Wen on pets but I had a sheltie that had skin allergies so you really need to be careful Thanks again

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

@skittles2 

Thanks so much You are correct I have had dogs all my life and these nuts are definitely on the No list for dogs . Vet offices have posters with foods that are deadly for pets .As we have said many times here vendors and hosts will just say anything, but you really have to be careful using anything with foods or oils on your pets . I know people use Wen on pets but I had a sheltie that had skin allergies so you really need to be careful Thanks again

You're absolutely right about vendors, stating their can be used on pets, many use essential oils too,

not only chemicals can be deadly, but so can things in nature.

Many ingredients list may cause vomiting or diarrhea, and people think it'll just make them sick, won't kill them.  But pets are like children, they become critical quickly: diarrhea and vomiting become quickly dehydrating, blood and volume loss becomes uncontollable, blood pressure drops, then shock.  

What began as V&D, now progresses to a horrible situation.

As with nuts, oils, these are life threatneing, hemorrhaging, liver and pancrease emergencies, kidney failure, brain swelling......

I really hope they say something while still on air, so far they have not!Cat MadCat Surprised

Respected Contributor

@skittles2 - What did customer serivce say when you told them?  Did they say they would make sure to pass that information to the hosts? 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I asked she please contact the set and pass this on, she said she would. I also suggested QVC quickly call the emergency vets, told them the company name, Home Again.  They're probably going through QVC levels, I assume., may be too late for a little girl or guy.Cat Sad

Respected Contributor

OMG I hope they made the announcement.  

Trusted Contributor

NOPE, not yet, and it's on again, right now. Hopefully, but it should've been made right away.

Honored Contributor

@skittles2  ,You are absolutely correct, thanks for your post.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.