Trusted Contributor

JOSIE MARAN TSV TINTED MOISTURIZER: what is your critique on color/shade?

SmileFair, Light, Medium, Dark -- which did you get and is it too pink or too yellow for you?Smile

JOSIE MARAN TSV TINTED MOISTURIZER: what is your critique on color/shade, now that you've tried it?

-Solar

Valued Contributor

Re: JOSIE MARAN TSV TINTED MOISTURIZER: what is your critique on color/shade?

If it is the same 1 in 5 tinted moisturizer with Argan oil that I just returned I can only tell you that I purchased the Light shade and it was quite yellow. I have a neutral skin tone and this made my face a different color than my neck.

Occasional Contributor

I ordered fair and it is a neutral color.
Respected Contributor

I received mine two days ago. I bought the light which I always wear in Josie and Tarte. I love this much better than the Tarte one as it is a little (just a drop) deeper than the light in Tarte which looks just like my skin. I goes on like silk and is just a hint of coverage which is what I use. I do not use anything heavy on my skin. As for the shade light, there was absolutely no hint of orange or yellow like it showed on the TV. It is the most perfect shade of light ever - bought this on AD thrilled that I did.

Frequent Contributor

I got the light & it's a perfect match. I wear fairly light in BE.

Frequent Contributor

Different point of view, different eyes. I ordered the light, haven't received it yet and I ordered before it aired. Hope it's not to yellow, I love her line of products but I haven't tried the tinted moisturizer yet, I don't want to return it. Hope it looks and feels nice on my face.
Frequent Contributor

I wear the fair shade and would agree that it is fairly neutral. I expected it to be pinker based on the swatch online but i Isn't.
Contributor

I ordered both fair and light not knowing which would work.
Received it today. I have both on half my face.... and I STILL am not sure!! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

I do have yellow undertones, so the light seemed to blend in with my tone, yet I can still kind-of see it. Like my face is a slight shade darker and still yellowish. The fair blended right in and disappeared, but I look pale, but that's how I look anyway. It's like I don't have anything on that side. But that's how it's supposed to be, right? And I should put on blush and eye color to brighten up my face.

I want to try again tomorrow and look in natural sunlight (it was dark by the time I got home and tried it). My indoor lighting is a bit yellow, so that might be throwing me off. I will also try the color stick. And maybe a light dusting of mineral veil on top.

It feels ok. I can still feel it to the touch, but I may have put too much on. The powder might help that.

Wondering what would happen if I mix fair/light. I may try that tomorrow. I'll update then.

(And the light is labeled "Light 1")

Also, I usually wear Laura Geller Balance -n- Brighten in Fair. It works well, but sometimes my skin looks dry. I wanted to try something new Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I have dark olive skin tone... the color was too pink for me. I had to send it back.

Honored Contributor

On 1/10/2014 becca914 said:

I ordered both fair and light not knowing which would work.
Received it today. I have both on half my face.... and I STILL am not sure!! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

I do have yellow undertones, so the light seemed to blend in with my tone, yet I can still kind-of see it. Like my face is a slight shade darker and still yellowish. The fair blended right in and disappeared, but I look pale, but that's how I look anyway. It's like I don't have anything on that side. But that's how it's supposed to be, right? And I should put on blush and eye color to brighten up my face.

I want to try again tomorrow and look in natural sunlight (it was dark by the time I got home and tried it). My indoor lighting is a bit yellow, so that might be throwing me off. I will also try the color stick. And maybe a light dusting of mineral veil on top.

It feels ok. I can still feel it to the touch, but I may have put too much on. The powder might help that.

Wondering what would happen if I mix fair/light. I may try that tomorrow. I'll update then.

(And the light is labeled "Light 1")

This was pretty close to my problem as well. I wish she had one inbetween the fair and light 1. I use the fair though because I don't like the line of demarcation the light 1 does leave, even though it is slight, and it is a bit too yellow. The fair is a bit too light but I'd have there not be a noticeable line and warm my skin up with a bronzer or something like that than have it too dark to begin with. I prefer more pale skin anyway so I just leave my fair as is.

If you mix the two, I'd love to hear what results you get. That might be your answer but I never like to have to purchase two in order to get a correct shade, in fact, I don't.