Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The products I do have from JM work well for me without problems. I have been using her Argan Oil for years. A few days ago before the sale of Sephora ended I purchased a 1.7 oz. because I was running low. (I don't buy supersize of any oil) There was never an odor from her oil but this time their was a slight rancid smell but no change to the clear liquid. I have read some reviews that complained about the odor. I will say that that odor disapears within a minute. Did she change the formulation or did I get a bad batch?

Esteemed Contributor

@Kabella 

You can actually look up what others say when you detect a rancid odor [with argan oil]. They say to toss. In your situation, just return for a refund/replacement.

(Here is just one article: rancid oils )

Respected Contributor

@Harpa  Thanyou & yes I am aware when an oil smells rancid. I will return in-store. I was wondering if anyone on this forum who uses it has got a bad batch. I should have made myself more clear. 

Valued Contributor

I think you got a bad or an old batch yes. I recently ordered a small set of Argan oil on Josies site and it was good, same as usual...