Trusted Contributor

It's so hot and humid already I had to switch to bare minerals original foundaiton.

I'm 54, my skin is drying out with age, but it is so hot and humid here in Maryland on top of the Chesapeake bay I had to switch from my normal foundation bare minerals complexion rescue cream and stick to the original powdered minerals. My sunglasses were sliding off my nose with the rescue cream. The original doesn't work for me in the winter it is too drying-but it works great in the heat of the summer.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: It's so hot and humid already I had to switch to bare minerals original foundaiton.

Indeed, it is awafully hot and humid as well here in Columbus GA.

I made two cool showers already, water "drains" from allover my body, especially the underarms.

I have the AC on, the ceiling fan on and a fan on here in my room.

Lets watch this photographe dear @Squirrel Lover and lets pretend we are sunbathing and swimming  in an island Greece

Unknown.jpeg

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Trusted Contributor

Re: It's so hot and humid already I had to switch to bare minerals original foundaiton.

@Dinaki Ha, ha! Yes, let's do that! I went hiking, kayaking, and camping for the last week and boy, summer's here!

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I'm 54, my skin is drying out with age, but it is so hot and humid here in Maryland on top of the Chesapeake bay I had to switch from my normal foundation bare minerals complexion rescue cream and stick to the original powdered minerals. My sunglasses were sliding off my nose with the rescue cream. The original doesn't work for me in the winter it is too drying-but it works great in the heat of the summer.

@Squirrel Lover   In summer, I often switch to the original powder foundation, too. I think the masks will make the heat feel worse.

Respected Contributor

In MD as well...eastern shore. Good and thick. Waited for it and glad it’s here. Sitting out now on front porch. Hair curled up n went wild and I’m sweating like crazy. Ahhhhhh summer🔥

Frequent Contributor

I use BE’s stick foundation, but had to stop using the original. It started to make me itch terribly, thought it might be the brush, turns out a lot of people are sensitive to the ingredient bismuth oxychloride. It’s too bad, I still have jars of it. I’m still looking for a substitute, there are even cleaner mineral foundations out there, been trying some BB foundations, using powder, don’t have one I love yet, but I’m in CA and don’t have the wretched humidity!
Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover  I have been using Bobbi Brown's liquid to powder foundation.  It's fairly new and medium coverage and for oily and normal skin.  I am normal skin and love this foundation.  It is super lightweight and sweatproof.  Sweatproof is really very important because it will not transfer to your clothes.  I first apply my moisturizer and let it dry a little.  then do one side of my face.  Using fingers is more coverage and with a sponge a little less.  I use both.  It's $40 but every so often BB has a sale with 20 or 25% off and you don't need much of the product to cover your face.

kindness is strength