Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops and @Xivambala -- I firmly believe that all the dark hairs that fall out of my eyebrows (and there are many!)  land on my upper lip and chin and take root there.  That's why the hair on my head is silver, but the hairs on my chin are black.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

Depending on the length of the facial hair, it really doesn't cover the thick neck or double chin like they think. Long beards are just hideous. I say they should be clean shaved and let their personalities shine through.

@Xivambala   I agree. DH had a short, neat beard for a few years. It was not my favorite look and cuddling irritated my face. It did not hide a sagging neck or slack jawline. Eventually, I convinced him to shave it and although he hates shaving every day, he had to face the inevitable signs of aging like women.

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

It's also not fair, that men (at least some) can look ruggedly handsome with wrinkled and or weathered faces as they get old, but for wrinkled and weathered women, it's usually a different story.

@Azcowgirl   I most cultures, older women are found beautiful and still sexy. I choose pro-aging instead of anti-aging. Some of the "wrinkled/weathered" could have been diminished during proir years, but even with them, I see it as a life well-lived.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

That as men get older, they can just grow a handsome salt and pepper beard to obscure their wobbly jawline and double chin. We ladies got no weapons like this! 

@Grouchomarx     Just wait a few years.   You, too, will be able to grow a beard.    

@Desertdi :  

Don't you just want to know where all those hairs are coming from? Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

@Grouchomarx  Oooh! Hand raised here. Those hairs came form our legs, pits and other areas that no longer need to be shaved very often.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Xivambala I want to know why so many of mine are dark when my whole head is white!

@millieshops  Actually, even though our hair is silver and lost most of it's melanin, some is left in facial hair. With my silver/white hair, my brows remianed dark (now lighten them and cover the few grey ones) and lashes are still dark. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

A man's salt and pepper facial hair is not handsome to me...and neither is the gray hair on his head, if he has any hair there either. I like my men clean shaven with no gray hair!

@SilleeMee   In a perfect world, I'm sure they'd prefer to hold on to a thick head of hair in their original color. Clean shaven is about the only thing in their control.

Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

That as men get older, they can just grow a handsome salt and pepper beard to obscure their wobbly jawline and double chin. We ladies got no weapons like this! 

I think they look awful. I hate beards with grey in them. They're not handsome. The bicolor hair looks messy and unkempt, regardless of length. They signal that the wearer is aging and has joined the Ugly Chin Hair Club for Men. 

There's no shame in having a "wobbly jawline" or a double chin. Keep your head up and smile and you'll improve both of them.

Honored Contributor

Why worry about a wobbly neck or double chin?

It's just a fact of life for some people.  I am thankful that I have lived long enough for these physical changes. Many of my friends and family members died before they acquired a wrinkle or gray hair.

PS.  Unless a man's beard is really super long. He isn't hiding these areas.  Except for Santa Clause, most men do not look great with a super long beard and it creates huge hygienic issues. Yuck!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Xivambala wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@Grouchomarx     Just wait a few years.   You, too, will be able to grow a beard.    

@Desertdi :  

Don't you just want to know where all those hairs are coming from? Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

@Grouchomarx  Oooh! Hand raised here. Those hairs came form our legs, pits and other areas that no longer need to be shaved very often.

@Shanus  Oh, if only! at 65, I still shave my legs every single day...all the way up. Armpits only once a week, but if I wore sleeveless I'd have to do it at least every other day.