Respected Contributor

That as men get older, they can just grow a handsome salt and pepper beard to obscure their wobbly jawline and double chin. We ladies got no weapons like this! 

Valued Contributor

Depending on the length of the facial hair, it really doesn't cover the thick neck or double chin like they think. Long beards are just hideous. I say they should be clean shaved and let their personalities shine through.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

That as men get older, they can just grow a handsome salt and pepper beard to obscure their wobbly jawline and double chin. We ladies got no weapons like this! 

@Grouchomarx 

Honey, I've seen quite a few I didn't consider impressive.

Many women have stunning eyes, fantastic eyebrows, beautiful hands that look beautiful with rings on them.

Pass the lotion!  Still waiting for Aveeno to transform me!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: It’s not fair..

[ Edited ]

I was recently watching the Kominsky Method on Netflix and was astonished at how attractive Michael Douglas was in his 70's. I think it was the scruffy beard (in addition he is just so hot). Then I started noticing a lot of older men with beards in varying lengths (I do not like a long beard) and how good they looked vs bald faced. It covers a lousy jawline which is a hallmark of aging.

ETA I was also watching Jerry Seinfeld comedians in cars getting coffe and he had Ricky Gervais as a guest and I also thought he looked younger than he would without a scruff. Conceals the turkey neck. I guess I really wish I could grow a beard LOL. I gots me some turkey neck.

Valued Contributor

@Grouchomarx 

It seems to me that many men who have lost hair on their head feel the need to let it grow everywhere else, be it on their face, neck, or god forbid in a spindly pony tail. I just don't find it attractive. 

Respected Contributor

It's also not fair, that men (at least some) can look ruggedly handsome with wrinkled and or weathered faces as they get old, but for wrinkled and weathered women, it's usually a different story.

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@Grouchomarx     Just wait a few years.   You, too, will be able to grow a beard.    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@Grouchomarx     Just wait a few years.   You, too, will be able to grow a beard.    

@Desertdi :  

Don't you just want to know where all those hairs are coming from? Smiley LOLSmiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@Xivambala I want to know why so many of mine are dark when my whole head is white!

Honored Contributor

A man's salt and pepper facial hair is not handsome to me...and neither is the gray hair on his head, if he has any hair there either. I like my men clean shaven with no gray hair!