Esteemed Contributor

It's a miracle. I got a great haircut for my curly hair!

It has possibly been 15 years since my beloved hair stylist left her job to have twins. She never returned.

Since that time, I have been to at least 15 different stylists. Everything from Elizabeth Arden Red Door to local salons. None of them gave me a good cut...it has been an ongoing mess....Seriously....I have not LIKED my hair in all these years....They never quite got it right...or it was a complete disaster.

Curly hair is tough to cut if you don't get it.

Then by accident, I found her....I was calling her salon to ask about another stylist I thought had worked there....I was so desperate, I was going to try to find a women who did a decent job....maybe 10 years ago.

She said, "I have curly hair and I can give you a great cut." And she did. Can I tell you what a relief it is?

It's like a miracle....

I took a picture of me from 1984 when my hair was perfect (and I was much younger!).

At 60, I can still wear a longish "shag" and look great....and it is the perfect style for my hair...wash and wear....I just let it dry and pick it out a bit. The curls are soft and organized and have a wonderful pattern now....not like I stuck my finger in an electric socket!

It's been a long time since I loved my hair!

I want to cry with joy.....