Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure I have goodies in the mailbox.  Will these temps ruin the potency?  It's 108 with a feel like temp of 111.  The only saving grace is the humidity...21%  It's been that low for 3 days.  I don't know that it's ever been that low.

OK, I got the Matrixyl 3 Synthe 6 a couple of days ago.  With my other serums, I put them on after my essences.  Vit C goes on before Essences.  Where in the lineup would I put this product?  Can I use it with C and Lactic acid (I alternate these).  How about Retinol and Glycolic acid...these two are nighttime.  C and Lactic Acid are daytime (I alternate).  It says you can use the Matrixyl am and pm.

109.jpg

Honored Contributor

The number one rule to follow when temps are this high:  don't order lipstick that will come in the mail.  You may have ordered lipstick, but you'll receive little puddles of colored wax.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm  Are you asking where in the lineup of the things you use (whether a.m. or p.m.) should you use matrixyl?

Here are some thoughts:

This is a peptide that can be used with other actives; shouldn't pose any problem of irritation.

This peptide is usually thinner in consistency, and supposedly can penetrate more deeply into your skin layers. So, perhaps to use it right after your essences. Press it into your skin.

May I ask which brand you purchased? TO? or Isomers?

As far as the heat affecting potency...? (I do not know.)

Honored Contributor

Re: It's Too Hot to Breath!

[ Edited ]

@monicakm  -I use the Matrixyl at night - cleanse, Matrixyl, Perlier Youth Serum, Niacinamide, moisturizers.  Retinol comes later before bed.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I checked this out. Avoid applying matrixyl together  with lactic acid, salicylic acid, Vitamn C or glycolic acid.  They don't work together. If you need to use these products, apply them on alternate days, not at the same time. 

Niacinamide works well with matrixyl. 

Retinol can be used, but best to apply it on a different day or wait at least 30 minutes after the matrixyl. 

The conclusion: don't apply these serums at the same time if you want to avoid irritation. That's not the best thing for your skin. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

I only apply once a day as I don't want to spend that much time applying products.  IMO one serum + moisturizer is enough.  As it is I have eye cream, neck cream, and face cream in the moisturizer category.  I apply mine in the morning first thing after cleansing.  I use Niacinamide in the evening as my serum.  I do use eithr Retinol or tretinoin in the evenings too although I don't use anything else on the nights I do tretinoin.  So, I guess technically I'm using 2 serums and 1 each moisturizer at night.  That's enough for me. 

I try to give the matrixyl synthe'6 a little time before adding anything on top although I don't think there is anything that says you have to do so.  I don'e spend a lot of time rubbing it in as it can feel sticky if I do so.  That's probably the reason I like to let it dry completely.  But, if I apply it ereally quickly it doesn't feel sticky.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always worry about buying skincare items and vitamins etc during the summer for fear the travel time in the heat will affect the potency.

But also, I guess there's no guarantee in the winter that they haven't been exposed to heat as well because the travel from manufaturer to store to wharehouse or wherever may have occurred the summer before but probably less of a chance of getting too hot in winter...

I'm not sure of the order of things....

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

@monicakm   Did you decide to give tret another try?